Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 20!  (Read 8418 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 20!
« on: June 20, 2011 at 08:59 AM »
Hello, mamas!

I know we had a few deliveries last week. Congrats to Tully333 and Mckoygirl on their twins! Looking forward to seeing some photos! And for those of you still cookin', let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're feeling.

Don't forget our Tuesday and Thursday regularly scheduled live chats in the Chat Room at 2 pm Eastern. Stop by!

We recently had a few Korean Army wives join our group. Many thanks to Amanda in Korea for spreading the word about KeepEmCookin.com! If KeepEmCookin.com has helped you, please tell a friend, and post a link on other baby sites like The Bump or Baby Center. 

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern

jumama

Re: Monday Roll Call for June 20!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011 at 10:46 AM »
Hi everyone hope you are all doing well. As for me had the twins on saturday at 6:03pm and the other at 6:04. I was 35+1.

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM »
Congrats jumama!

I am at week 27 - last week my cervix measured in at 3.2cm (up from 2.45cm at the last check) so we're moving up which is good. Though, still taking it easy as baby is only going to get bigger and heavier :)
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

Amy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM »
Good morning!  Congrats to all the mommies with new babies!

I am feeling pretty good today at 21+2.  Tomorrow I go in for my follow-up ultrasound and am hoping for good news.  Hoping to at least hold steady at 2.0 cm and maintain my "restricted" movement status and avoid complete bedrest.  So many unknowns at this point...
Amy

Preg. #1 - Ivy born @ 39 weeks w/ no complications (12/06)
Preg. #2 - Missed Miscarriage around 8 weeks (10/08)
Preg. #3 - Lincoln due 10/29/2011
Shortened cervix @ 19 + 3
Pelvic rest and restricted activity since 6/8
Cerclage placed @ 22+4
Bedrest since 6/29

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM »
Congrats to all the mom's who delivered this past week!

I'm holding steady at 34 weeks today! Last week I went into preterm labor, but it was stopped pretty easily and now I'm on Procardia for the next couple of weeks. It seems to be doing the trick. I also "graduated" from the high risk doctors last week and now I'm only seeing my regular OB for the remainder of the pregnancy. I'm getting more and more excited to meet my little one and (of course) to be off bedrest!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Michelle
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM »
Yay congrats to those who delivered! How exciting!

As for me, I'm 38 w 1 day. My cerclage was scheduled to be removed last Wednesday. Apparently my doctor had done 2 stitches. One was very high up and the second (which was more of a reinforcement for the first one) was low. So he was able to remove the lower one with ease but the main one was impossible. So Saturday I checked into L&D to have it removed w an epidural. After 30-40 min of tugging & pulling on my cervix, I was cerclage free! The nurses commented on how they've never seen a removal like that and how much force my doctor was using. So it was a good thing I had an epidural done. That dang epidural is crazy! I felt like clawing my face off! I was so darn itchy! At least I know what to expect when I go into labor.

I'm now 3 cm dilated. I'm having a few contractions but nothing painful at all. Doctor thinks the princess will come before Wednesday but I don't think so lol. So now were just waiting :)
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

sarahker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
Hi Ladies - Congrats to all who delivered this week!  I'm 30w3d with twin boys - starting my second week of home bedrest after 5 weeks in the hospital.  Not much new here - just got back from the perinatologist, and I'm a little disappointed to report that my CL has dropped a little from 1.7 last week to 1.35 this week.  I know we're only talking millimeters here, but it's just frustrating.  Luckily the cervix is still closed, and contractions are minimal, so they are not going to re-admit me to the hospital (yet), but I'm still feeling anxious.  It's my goal to carry these boys to at least 34 weeks, so trying hard to stay positive and focus on that.  Since I've been home, I'm definitely doing more than when in the hospital, and I'm worried that is what affected the CL this week - it just reinforces the fact that I need to stay off my feet!   

Sending good thoughts to my fellow bedresters!

Sarah

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011 at 01:35 PM »
Hi ladies!  I'm still here at 31+1 today!  Nothing new to report.  I've found that I've probably been doing too much lately.  Seems that I have a different feeling about my bedrest since I'm 31 weeks and have had no labor symptoms.  I caught myself doing a load of laundry this morning.  I've condemned myself back to my bedroom for the rest of the day!  :)

Congrats to all the mamas that had their babies this last week!  As for the rest of us-keep up the good work!!
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
Congrats to the mommies who delivered this last week. Very exciting!

I am 30 weeks today and am stll on hospital bed rest.  I have my next appointment with the Peri next Monday. I am hoping he will allow me to go home and continue on bed rest.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Sheri

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011 at 03:21 PM »
I'm 32 weeks today, which has been a big (and previously far-off) milestone for me. My CL was shorter last week and I got steroid shots, which actually gave me a bit of peace of mind. With the nice weather in full-effect it's very hard to stay in bed. Every time I'm up though, I get pain, pressure and contractions which quickly remind me that I really do want to get a bit farther along.

Congrats to all the moms that delivered this past week  :)
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
Hi Ladies!

Congrats to the moms that delivered this past week! I'm still here at 33+2 weeks. I had my OB appointment today, and I am still 2cm dilated, but I have lost my mucus plug according to the doctor, and my contractions are getting stronger. They expect me to deliver any day now, so we'll see how long baby girl decides to cook for. Selfishly I am so ready for her to be here so I can stop bedrest. 22 weeks and counting is a long time. But I know it will be worth it when she finally comes. I have an U/S tomorrow because they found a spot on her head that looks like pooled blood. Spina bifida runs in our families, so we may be meeting her sooner rather than later.
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

mckoygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011 at 05:12 PM »
Hello everyone! Congrats to tully333 & jumama on their twins! I know they are excited to have their little ones, just as I am.  :D

We are home, Noah eats like a champ and is definitely the "momma's boy" out of the two. Beckett still won't latch, but we've gotten him to eat via syringe/finger feeding and I'm still working all day to get him latched. I can't believe the bedrest is over. I feel a huge weight (figuratively & literally  ;D) has been lifted off of me! We took the boys back to the pediatrician's office today to have their weights & bilirubin checked and they are stable for now. Beckett hasn't lost anymore weight since yesterday, so we go back on Wednesday to check again.

I can't believe the total sleep deprivation and sheer exhaustion we are experiencing right now (I got about 1.5hrs collectively of sleep last night), but honestly, it's so worth it. I would rather have two beautiful little boys being the cause of my insomnia than bedrest & pregnancy discomforts!
Thanks everyone for all the support, thoughts & prayers. This has all been worth it!

Good luck & God's blessing to all you still cooking. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end, and what an adventure begins there!!!!  :D
Due date: 7/7/2011
Twins (we're not finding out the sexes!)
5th pregnancy (5yrs old-put on bedrest with her @ 35wks for PIH)
3 previous losses
Put on bedrest this pregnancy @ 17weeks for Cervical shortening & preterm labor
Thanking God for each day I'm given with my twins!

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
yay for all the healthy happy twins born! 

McKoygirl..seriously handsome boys there...so glad they are doing well!!

I'm in my third week in the hospital, but HEY, I'll be 29 weeks on Wed...I'm so thrilled...I think I get to go home Wed too.  Here's hoping I make it well into the 30's...I can do this for 7 more weeks...I'd LOVE to!  :)
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011 at 09:25 PM »
CONGRATS to the mommies who graduated and delivered!!!!!

I'm 36.5 weeks today. I had my cerclage removed on wednesday. It was excruciating! and took 1.5 hours with no anesthesia!! I'm now 3 cm dilated and 80 % effaced. The midwife thinks its 2 cm, but felt the effacement was the same. She also said her fingers were short and she wasn't sure. I'm having tons of braxton hicks and anxiously waiting for the baby to arrive. I can't wait to meet my little one.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM »
Congrats to all the new twins! wow, so exciting!

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow! Can't believe it- after being on bedrest for 8 weeks from week 27 to 35 for short cervix. Now I am doing a lot and it seems to be ok, so strange! Although, I am having tons of contractions getting more painful so it's still going to be really hard to tell if/when something is serious!
I have been back at work for a couple weeks, just doing computer work. I am trying to get the baby stuff ready at home. I am doing more with my toddler which is very tiring!
I think maybe the baby dropped or something- I don't know but my tummy seems smaller or different somehow and 2 people have remarked how I'm not getting any bigger any more? What does this mean....Hopefully is ok?
I have an appointment this afternoon so we'll see if anything comes from that!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth