Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: baby shower  (Read 3311 times)

4th Time a charm

• View Profile
baby shower
« on: June 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM »
I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and have been on complete bedrest for almost two weeks.  My baby shower is Saturday.  Anyone had any experience with this.  My aunt wants to put me in a comfy chair with my feet elevated.  I go back to the Dr. Thursday. I dont want to miss my shower been pooped up almost two weeks!!! :o

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
Re: baby shower
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011 at 12:48 PM »
I've never heard of having a baby shower while on bed rest, but I can't really say because I don't know anyone that's been on bed rest except for 1 person and she had her shower after the baby was born.  I plan on doing the same.  I've been on bed rest since 5 1/2 weeks and I'm nearing 20 weeks now.  I can't imagine having a shower while on bed rest! 
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

kristinenicolle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011 at 04:14 PM »
I had one. Granted I was already close to term when i had it but nonetheless I had one. I did nothing and no one made
me do anything. Everyone came to me and I sat/layed out on the couch. My husband brought me food, opened the presents, greeted everyone & overall was the more sociable one. I stood up only to pee & to have my belly measured for that one game lol. At first I really didn't want a shower. We had everything our little girl needed by the time the shower came around but I'm soooo happy I had one. It was the first real sense of normalcy i had in my pregnancy. Have fun!
Bed rest since 12/31/10 - cerclage placed (13 weeks)
2 angel babies: Baby Sean Anthony born on 05/25/09 (20 weeks) & Baby Nicholas James born on 05/16/10 (18 weeks)
Due on 7/3/11 to a baby girl: Madelyn Leann

sarlusan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM »
My first pregnancy, my dd was born unexpectedly at 32 weeks, four days before my shower.  It was the most depressing shower b/c the baby was still in the NICU on CPAP and everything, I was on the post-birth hormone roller coaster, and no one knew what to say.  So I always felt I missed out on that shower experience.  Didn't have one with my second, but with my third and fourth pregnancies, I've had bedrest showers.  My third pregnancy was a "surprise" where they just came in the living room where I was on the couch and set up the food and stuff, I stayed on the couch the whole time and they brought everything to me.  It was so much fun and I told them, now that I've had a "real" shower where I was pregnant, I can stop having babies! :)  But then I ended up pregnant a fourth time, and this shower I actually went to someone else's house, but just stayed on her couch once I got there.  I figured it wasn't that different than going to the dr. office, and it was just about the only place I went besides the drs in the whole past two months of bedrest. 

Have fun!  You deserve a fun shower!!!

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM »
I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and have been on complete bedrest for almost two weeks.  My baby shower is Saturday.  Anyone had any experience with this.  My aunt wants to put me in a comfy chair with my feet elevated.  I go back to the Dr. Thursday. I dont want to miss my shower been pooped up almost two weeks!!! :o

I hope you enjoy the shower! I am sure it will be fun and everyone will be very willing to ensure you and baby are comfortable.

I have 2 showers lined up. One requires a 6+hr car ride for the July long weekend. It's for my DH's family. My Dr says it's ok but to be mindful of stopping every hour or so to avoid blood clots and no "ambitious agenda" when there. The other shower is later in August that is local. We'll be in a hall but my mom will be making sure I am rather comfy lol
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.