Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Paging plmommy  (Read 3568 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Paging plmommy
« on: January 15, 2009 at 10:48 PM »
Just wanted to see how you’re doing. How are you holding up in that SoCal heat? And how's your DD? Do you have help at home during the day? Do they go out and run around with DD? I was so worried about my DD getting as bored as I was!

Aren't you getting close to 20 weeks? Have you had the "big" ultrasound yet?

Take care!

plmommy

• View Profile
Re: Paging plmommy
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM »
Hey! I'm holding up ok in the heat. I would much prefer some snow and freezing temps if I have to stay in bed. But of course it's perfect beach weather here. Oh well! We are very lucky to have my mom here for the month of January to help us out.  We also had to hire a full time nanny M-F to take care of Maddie. The girl we have is amazing! She spends hours at the park with her, takes her to story time at the library, and goes for long walks with her and our dog. Also, our aunt and cousins have been taking Madison to fun places like the zoo and Seaworld on the weekends. She is not lacking for attention. I just turned 20 weeks yesterday. yay! My next goal is 24 weeks - then 28 - 32- 34-36-37. It makes it a lot more doable than thinking 17 weeks down the line. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon for a cervocal measurement so I'm praying for good news!
How is everything with you??

Andrea

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Paging plmommy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009 at 01:32 PM »
Too funny! I was going to ask you about your cervical length, but I didn't know if it was too rude. :+) With all my hospital visits, home-nurse visits and nurse phone calls, I got so used to talking about cervixes, and mucus plugs, and cramping that I sometimes forget those aren't necessarily everyday topic for most people! So good luck! I actually have some info on the site about cervical length at:

http://www.keepemcookin.com/prevention.aspx

That is SO great that your mom is there this month! My mom wasn't able to take much time off during my bed rest, but every Saturday she'd bring over three or four night's worth of dinners! And don't hesitate to ask your mom for help! For weeks (okay, months) I kept looking at how the coffee table was not at all centered on the throw rug.. I was at floor level (on the famous futon), so it drove me crazy. I didn't want to trouble anyone, but I know my mom would have fixed it if I had asked. Moms are the best! We had to hire a few sitters to help out with my daughter. I pretty much needed someone here 10 hours a day while my hubby was at work. If I tried to do much of anything  (put away dishes, bend over, anything) the contrax would kick in. Wouldn't it be great if somehow insurance would cover childcare costs for bed rest moms?

After getting about three hours sleep total over the last two nights, my sitter is here for a few hours today! Yay! Not sure if I should sleep or catch up on e-mails. Hmmm. How about e-mails? My big chance to chat with grown-ups. Good luck today at your appointment! Let me know how it goes!