Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 27  (Read 10170 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 27
« on: June 27, 2011 at 07:54 AM »
Hello, ladies!

I hope you all can stop by our Tuesday and Thursday regularly scheduled live chats in the Chat Room at 2 pm Eastern. Tomorrow we will have a special guest (Pamela McKimie) sharing techniques for reducing stress during a high-risk pregnancy. Until then, I'd like to share a thought for the day (or maybe a thought for the next few weeks):

"In this moment, I am exactly where I need to be."

As always, let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're feeling. Any appointment this week or news to report from last week?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern

Bug

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 27
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
This is the week!! I am 37 weeks and 4 days today. I am scheduled to go in on Friday and have my cerclage removed and have this baby! :) My doc is pretty confident that things will go fairly quickly. Last week when he checked me he said she was at a 0 station...and this past weekend she has felt so , so low. I have been having a lot of pressure and a lot more hard/painful contractions. I won't be having an epidural prior to the cerclage removal. I've heard so many different things about the amount of pain with a removal...since mine was a rescue cerclage I don't think it's as tight as a preventative?? I don't know. I guess we'll learn a lot on Friday.

Last Thursday I had my first adventure outside of my house (other than weekly doctor appointments) since March 1st. I was able to go to my son's last baseball game of the season!! It was wonderful!!! I was in quite a bit of pain later that night, but it was well worth it!

I'm excited and very nervous for life after bed rest. I know it's going to take some time. My husband has taken a few days off next week and a couple of half days the week after that to help me ease back into life with a newborn and 2 other kids.

I will definitely update this weekend...or as soon as I can. Thank you for all the help and support. This forum has been a sanity saver! It's so nice to have others who really understand!!
EDD 7/14
Bed rest since 3/1 (20 wks 5 d)
Cerclage 3/2 due to premature dilation (2+) and effacement

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
Hi all.
I am 31 weeks today and starting my 9th week of hospital bed rest. Not a lot of new news from this past week. The baby always looks really good on the nst test and I am not having problems with contractions. I'll be sceduled for another ultrasound to check my cervical length either this week or next and I am hoping to get to go home and stay on bed rest very soon.

I'm coping ok with the bed rest, but am really getting tired of being in the hospital. It would be so nice to be home again and get to see my 21 month old son more than a few hours a day.

Hope all are starting off the week doing well

Sheri

HeatherGayle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011 at 12:11 PM »
Still cookin'!

I am 33+3 today, and things are changing! My pressures continue to creep up and up. I had a brief hospital visit last Thursday when they spiked up over 100 (diastolic). My labs have always been fine, so that's positive. I have an u/s tomorrow, and an obgyn appt on Wednesday. She didn't expect me to get past 30-32 weeks, so I wonder what will happen? Will she induce? Adjust meds?? I'm on home bedrest, so in the meantime, I'll keep my feet up and gestate!

ps: check out Pinterest.com for time-passing fun!!

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM »
Hey Ladies,
I'm here at week 28. Not much has changed - still on moderate bedrest. I had a day of round ligament pain - it was very helpful to refer to the info on this site to know it was that and not anything serious :)

I have a baby shower scheduled with my husband's family this weekend - it's about a 6hr drive away so hoping the changes/stress won't affect anything in a negative way.

Keep up the awesome work ladies!
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011 at 02:29 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm still here at 35 weeks today! At my doctor appointment last week most of my bedrest restrictions were lifted!!! I was completely surprised and SO excited. I'm still not supposed to do anything strenuous or lift heavy things (i.e. my son), but that's OK. It has been nice to return to more of a normal routine, but I find that I wear out really quickly and still spend a lot of time on the couch.

My stitch is scheduled to come out on July 7th. I'm excited and nervous about it, but each day I'm getting more and more excited about meeting our baby girl.
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

Shanie74

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011 at 03:12 PM »
Hi Mommas! I am new here but 27 weeks and 5 days today.  I am on hospital bedrest and have been having contractions and bleeding for 3 days now.  I will have a scan tomorrow to check out what's happening.  Hoping and praying I can at leasat make it to 28 weeks. ???
Angel Gabriel Brian-07/31/97 Incompetent Cervix at 22 weeks
Angel Zachariah Michael-02/18/98 Failed Cerclage at 21 weeks
Hayden Garrett-05/24/01 Full Term with Cerclage
Griffen Robert-Due 09/21/11

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011 at 03:24 PM »
33 Weeks today! Last week my CL dropped really low and my OB wanted to keep me in the hospital, but a neg fFN was enough to convince him to let me go home to my two young kiddos. I'm sure I'll have to stay in this week though. I'm hoping to get another three weeks out of this uterus  ;)
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

nadrobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
My goodness, I am still cookin at 38+5 weeks which is so strange, because for so long I've been wondering if she'll come early now I'm wondering if she'll come late.....I've been off bedrest for 3 weeks and have been doing a lot. Working, taking care of my toddler, cleaning the house. Having tons of contractions some are painful, but nothing regular. So it will be interesting to see what really happens now! I am going to have my doc check me at my appt this week (I was 3 cm dilated since week 34). The baby is not moving a whole lot anymore, and I'm just really uncomfortable now.
So neat to hear about all the babies born recently! To all who are new here and still cookin hang in there it is worth it!
Baby #2 EDD 7/6/11: on bedrest at 27 weeks for short cervix and +fFn
Baby #1 BD 9/1/08: natural uncomplicated term birth

oliviathompson530

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011 at 03:58 PM »
Hello all,

I am still cooking at 36 weeks. I am scheduled to have my cerclage removed on Thursday morning. This is the first time that I had to get my cerclage removed at the hospital so I am very nervous. I hop everyone is doing well.

Be Blessed,

Olivia

sarahker

• View Profile
Roll Call
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011 at 04:59 PM »
Hi Ladies!
I'm now 31w3d with twin boys, and it's my 7th week of bedrest (5 in the hospital).  I had a MFM appointment today, and happy to report that the boys are measureing 3lbs12oz and 4lbs2oz, and my CL is holding steady at 1.3.  My peri said that they are not even going to bother with CL measurements after this week.  She actually said that she doesn't need to see me again until 34 weeks!  I'm so excited, because when I was admitted to the hospital at 24w my doctors weren't even sure I'd make it 28 weeks, and now I'm looking potentially at a full term delivery.  I'm still having contractions, sometimes quite a few actually, but they don't seem to be changing my CL, so the doctors aren't that concerned as they aren't close together, and arent' very regular.  Just hoping to hit 36 weeks with these boys! 

Good luck to everyone this week! 

Sarah

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011 at 05:53 PM »
20 weeks 3 days... 15 weeks of bed rest down, 15 more weeks of bed rest to go.  HALFWAY there, wooh!!!! 
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011 at 07:05 PM »
Bug - just breathe through the cerclage removal. Mine was done without an epidural and it was painful as hell - but mine was a preventative one and VERY HIGH UP.

So Ladies: I'm 37 weeks + 4 days pregnant today!!! I can't believe I'm past term. The doc suggested I'd deliver within 1-2 weeks after my cerclage removal at 36 weeks. I'm coming up on 2 weeks on Wednesday. I thought being 3 cm dilated and 80 % effaced that I'd have delivered by now. Waiting for labor is driving me nuts!!
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011 at 07:11 PM »
Hi Mommas! I am new here but 27 weeks and 5 days today.  I am on hospital bedrest and have been having contractions and bleeding for 3 days now.  I will have a scan tomorrow to check out what's happening.  Hoping and praying I can at leasat make it to 28 weeks. ???

Keep us posted on how things go. Praying for you and your little one!
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011 at 08:42 PM »
Hi Ladies!  I'm still cooking my little guy.  I'm 32w1d today!  I still can't believe that I've made it this far - I had no idea what to expect from this pregnancy, but here I am.  I had my OB appt today.  My ultrasound revealed that my cervix has been getting better - I'm currently measuring at 3.84 cm today up from 3.04 cm two weeks ago.  WOO HOO!  Little guy is measuring at least a week bigger than we expect.  I also scheduled my c-section for August 15th - which gives us an "end" date.  Yikes!  It just seemed so far away and now that I have a date - I'm getting really excited (and now I feel the "nesting" coming out a little).  My OB said that I can add a little more movement during the day so that's good.  We went out for dinner tonight - which I'm not sure would be approved by my OB, but I was itching to get out with my hubby and 2 little girls.  I don't feel too bad about it although I am really feeling the pain/stiffness from going out.  I'm hoping to keep this little guy in a while longer - but secretly hoping he comes about 38 weeks on his own.  :)  Gotta start narrowing the name list down! 

Congrats to all mommas on bedrest - and to those who are near the end.  :)
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks