Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 36 weeks!  (Read 3872 times)

sarlusan

• View Profile
36 weeks!
« on: July 02, 2011 at 09:37 PM »
So I made it to 36 weeks today!  All along they had said 36 weeks, then no more bedrest, but at my appointment the other day (3 cm dilated, and I've been having frequent bouts of 10+ contractions per hour), they said, stop the nifedipine but "stay down" until 37 weeks.  Which kind of makes sense given that we're still a month from the due date.  Today I was having lots of contractions, just took my last nifedipine, and mostly still did the bedrest thing.  But if I don't get a baby in the next few days, I just might.... I don't even know!  I guess I'll be good and wait to take a walk until 37 weeks.  But I'm really happy to have made it to today!

ReeMichele

• View Profile
Re: 36 weeks!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011 at 06:12 PM »
Just as a pick-you-up...it's definitely not the end of the world if you have your baby at 36 weeks.  Obviously you want to gestate as long as possible, but my 36 weeker (he'll hit 40 weeks gestational age tomorrow!) is doing awesome.  He was born at 36w1d weighing 6lbs 3oz and at last doc visit two weeks ago was 6lbs 7oz.  He had no NICU stay and other than two days of having a bit of trouble maintaining his temperature (just to the degree that we had to double-swaddle him, no big deal!), he's been perfect. :)

Congrats on making it to 36 weeks!! I know once I hit that point I was ecstatic!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011 at 03:52 PM »
Congrats! That's amazing news!!!! I did 23 weeks of bed rest last year before hitting 36 weeks and being released to modified bed rest. Just being able to stand up again when my body wasn't used to carrying my baby caused me to have contractions every single day from 36 weeks until I delivered at 39 weeks.  But I didn't worry because I knew my baby had made it to the "safety zone". Hang tight & keep us updated. Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby on delivery day!

Margaret
@goodbadfamily
@embracebedrest

P.S. here's a link to the blogs I wrote last year while I was on bed rest! http://embracebedrestblog.com/2011/02/13/23-weeks-of-bed-rest-remembered/#entry

sarlusan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011 at 05:46 PM »
Well, I'm 39 weeks and I can't believe I am still pregnant!  Lots of contractions... sometimes every 5 minutes apart and painful for a couple hours, but then they go away again... I'm kind of waiting for them to be painful & every 5 minutes apart for three hours and then I think will go to the hospital (and hopefully not have the baby at home)! :)  So I have now had a 32, 34, 38, and now a 39+ weeker!  Thanks for your support!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011 at 07:01 PM »
Hooray! That is amazing! What do you think made the difference this time?

I am so excited to see a birth announcement from you! Wishing you a safe and speedy (but not TOO speedy) delivery!

Angela

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011 at 07:12 PM »
Congrats on making it to 39 weeks!
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.