Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday July 4th  (Read 6671 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday July 4th
« on: July 04, 2011 at 08:28 PM »
Hello, ladies!

Happy Independence Day to all those in the United States of America! And happy Monday to all the rest! We'll be with you as you ALL head toward your own "independence days"--meaning the day you get off of bedrest.  ;) 

Let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're doing. Also, what's the first thing you'll do when you get off of bedrest?

And by the way, join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 pm Eastern for our regularly scheduled live chats in the Chat Room. http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx Live chat at 2 pm Eastern
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Idea of the Day: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Amy

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday July 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011 at 10:59 PM »
23 weeks and 2 days along.
Rough week - Cervix measured 2.0 cm again on Wednesday with lots of funneling.  I was admitted to the hospital and they put in a cerclage Wednesday night.  During surgery they discovered I had dilated 1 cm.  Spent two days in the hospital - Friday's cervix check was upthey sent me home on bedrest with bathroom, shower and eating at the table priveleges.

Things I am looking forward to:  Cleaning and organizing my house!!  I had put off so much waiting for the end of the school year and then ended up with two days of summer before being placed on restricted movement.  Luckily my hubby is doing a good job tidying up, but I really just want to dig in and reorganize closets, cabinets, etc.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011 at 03:41 PM by Amy »
Amy

Preg. #1 - Ivy born @ 39 weeks w/ no complications (12/06)
Preg. #2 - Missed Miscarriage around 8 weeks (10/08)
Preg. #3 - Lincoln due 10/29/2011
Shortened cervix @ 19 + 3
Pelvic rest and restricted activity since 6/8
Cerclage placed @ 22+4
Bedrest since 6/29

twinsat44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011 at 08:53 AM »
Hello!

I am 16 weeks and 5 days today with IC and cerclage.  I've been on bedrest since 13 weeks and 2 days.  Had a great appt on Thursday.  Cervix is measuring 2.7 cm and is closed.  Babies are doing great and are both girls!  I have started having a backache after I take a shower.  I even called the doctor in the middle of the night because it hurt and I was freaking out.

Things I am looking forward to-going to the bathroom without fear of blood or other problems!  Cleaning my house, hubby tries but it really needs a womans touch!

I hope all the Mamas are doing well!

Jessica

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011 at 11:14 AM »
Bedresting currently at 29 weeks - since week 20.

I had my first baby shower this past weekend with my husband's family - it was a 7hr car ride. Everyone was quite considerate :) And, very generous.

Since I am on moderate bedrest I am still tidying things up but can't do the major organizing that I'd like to. I'm itching to get to that. For now, I wait for my husband when he has time and work with him on that.
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011 at 01:47 PM »
Sorry for the late response... I'm 38.5 weeks pregnant and still going strong. I've tried really hard to self-induce - eating eggplant  parmiagana, spicy indian food, walking miles, and having sex - no luck! I've pretty much convinced myself that I have scar tissue on my cervix preventing dilation. I had a night of false labor on Thursday but it just fizzled out..... I never imagined I'd be here worried about not being able to deliver!
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011 at 03:27 PM »
Hi Ladies!

I'm 33+2 weeks today.  So far things are going well.  I had a long day of "bed rest cheating" yesterday.  I was determined to enjoy the 4th!  Feeling pretty good today despite the long day yesterday.  I'm hoping that I didn't mess anything up by being more active. 

What I'm looking forward to off of bed rest:  well there's quite a list, but I just really want to push my girls on the swingset and enjoy some time out there with them other than laying on a chair.  Otherwise I'd really like to start organizing my oldest girl's room so her sister can move in with her.  Then I'd like to prepare my nursery for a boy since there have been 2 girls in it previously.  Much more on my list....   

Congrats on another week ladies!
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
Flowerchica-the word around my neighborhood this summer is the exercise ball!  If you have one of those handy I guess I would try that.  It's worked for two of my friends (when sex wasn't doing the job)!  :). Good luck!
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011 at 06:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Still hanging in here at 27+5...wooohooo...third trimester here I come!  Now that I have almost reached that magical 28 week mark I can breath a little easier, however, I won't be getting too complacent and will still be following a strict regiment of bedrest, as I am sure that bedrest and the stitch is what got me this far.  Next goal - let get to the 30's.

The first thing I am going to do when I get off bedrest is go shopping!  The nesting instinct is kicking in big time and I am dying to shop for the cute little baby clothes and other things.  Not the same looking and shopping on line.

Way to go ladies, let keep them cookin!

Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

sarahker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011 at 07:37 PM »
Hi Ladies -
I'm 32w4d now, 5 weeks of hospital bed rest, and 3 at home.  I'm very happy to have made it this far, but starting to worry that I might not make it much farther.  This week I've had a lot more contractions than usual - sometimes 5 an hour for several hours (right below the magic number of 6 where I have to call my doctor) - and then they subside.  I'm also feeling a lot more pressure than usual.  I'm doing home monitoring, and spoke to my nurse, and she wasn't overly concerned, but I'm certainly worried at the increase in uterine activity.  I'm hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks, so I've been a little discouraged this week. 

When I get off bed rest, I'm looking forward to cooking again - I miss home cooked meals!  We've been ordering in almost every meal lately (my husband works late and isn't much of a cook). 

HeatherGayle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011 at 09:29 PM »
Hello, ladies!

I hope you are all having a wonderful time gestating with your little ones! I read that some places in the States and even Canada have been having extreme heat, so I hope you are all keeping cool.

I am currently still cookin' at 34 +4! I was admitted to the hospital last Thursday, with another bp spike. This time, it was 150/108! Yoikes! I was hooked up to an IV and given pushes of Labetalol, and they decided to double my dose of Adalat to 60mg in the am, and then the regular 30mg in the pm. I am still in the hospital and on "profound" bedrest. That means I can get up to go pee. That's it. It is soooo boring. I am also receiving blood thinning shots every 12 hours in my tummy to prevent blood clots. The plan is to creep up to 35 weeks on Friday, go home for a weekend pass, then return to the hospital on Monday, and continue creeping along, maybe to 36 weeks? My drs never thought I would make it to 32 weeks, especially after the scare at 29 weeks, when I receiving the steroid shots.

This morning my bp was 117/77, so the medication adjustment and bedrest TOTALLY works. Stay encouraged and know that your sacrifices now allow your baby to cook as best as they can. I can't wait to just get out and enjoy the summer! I am worried about lethargy after delivery, esp with sleep deprivation and muscle tone loss. I haven't had a whiff of outside fresh air since Thursday, and my hospital room's windows don't open - so the first thing I will do is go get some FRESH AIR.

Keep going, ladies! You can do it!

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011 at 11:57 PM »
Hello Ladies!

I'm still here at 35+3. Though they may be moving my due date up. *crossing fingers* I've been enjoying moderate bedrest after being on strict bedrest for 23 weeks straight. It's amazing how little muscle I have left. I have my Ob appointment tomorrow and I get to talk to my doctor about being induced! woohoo! I never thought I would get this far... especially with almost constant contractions.

Keep cookin' ladies!
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011 at 09:31 PM »
31+1 today!  WOOHOO...getting there.  I'm the size of a house and everything hurts, but it's ALL worth it!!!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011 at 10:44 PM »
Hi all,
Sorry for the late post. I've been enjoying being home and trying not to do too much. I am 32+3 now and my last OB appointment went really well. The doctors all seem to think I will make it to 39 weeks without a problem when my C-section is scheduled.

I can't wait until I can get up more and organize the baby's room. I also want to do something fun with my son before his little brother is born. Hopefully we will be able to go o the beach or the aquarium once my bed rest restrictions are lifted.

Glad to see those of youbwho are still cooking.

Sheri

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011 at 01:50 PM »
Still cookin at 34 + 3 after 11 weeks of bedrest. I was admitted to hospital last Monday for funneling, (although my OB wanted to admit me at 31 weeks.) The next day I was 3cm and contracting every 4 minutes and everyone thought that this was it. Thankfully everything was brought under control and I'm still holding baby in. Still in hospital, as I'm still contracting and my last baby came super-quick, but still hangin in.

After two preemies already, this is officially the furthest along I have ever gotten  :)
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

Mommy_haley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011 at 09:19 AM »
I should probably wait until tomorrow to post, but I've had so much going on, I want to go ahead and post it today.

I am now at 34 weeks 3 days.  Yay!!!  But this past Thursday night I had to make a trip to the hospital for 10 plus contractions per hour, lower back pain, and menstrual cramping.  Eek! 

I had dilated to 3 cm, was 50 percent effaced.  Thankfully, I had my first steroid shot the day before, so I got my second one at the hospital.

I got 2 bags of fluids and put on 20 mg Procardia every 6 hours.  Thankfully, by Friday afternoon, the contractions spaced out to a safe frequency and intensity, and I was allowed to go home on total bed rest again.  (I had been on modified.) :(

I also had a negative FFN test, which does reassure me somewhat.  I'm also supposed to drink 10 to 12 8 ounce glasses of water per day.  Do you know how much water that is?  A LOT!!!  I managed to get it all in yesterday.  Now get to start over today!

We are friends of our OB, and she told my hubby she would like to get 2 more weeks out of me, but expected only one!  What?!  That kinda scares me...  I just want baby to be healthy!!!  I guess time will tell.

Keep em cookin', ladies! 
On bed rest at 23 wks (4/26) w/a BOY! Dilated to 1 cm
Mommy to a 4 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son
Previous preterm labor with DD at 31 wks