Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday July 11th  (Read 6341 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday July 11th
« on: July 11, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
Happy Monday! You've made it through another week! I know we had at least one delivery last week: Big congrats to Olivia! Let us know how many weeks you are and what you're looking forward to in the coming week. Don't hesitate to invite people into your "bedrest bubble." Watch a movie with a friend, or have someone bring you your favorite take-out. Stay connected!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
Don't forget our Tuesday and Thursday regularly scheduled live chats in the Chat Room at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
*If KeepEmCookin.com has helped you, please post a link on other baby sites like The Bump or Baby Center.

sarahker

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday July 11th
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM »
Hi Ladies -
I'm 33+3 with twin boys, and so happy to have made it this far.  I was a little discouraged last week, as I started having quite a few more contractions than usual, but I'm still cookin' and my OB has even allowed me short outings a few times a week!  My husband and I went out to dinner on Saturday night, and we were able to sit outside, and enjoy the lovely weather - it was amazing.  When we got home, I was absolutely bone weary exhausted though, and it really hit home how little stamina I have now after 9 weeks of bed rest.

My doctor's appointment on Friday went pretty well, but the US confirmed that one of our little guys is still transverse and in a pretty awkward position, so unfortunatetly, unless he gets his act together soon, we'll probably have to have a c-section which is a little disappointing. Obviously, I want what's safest for the babies, but a c-section really wasn't in my birth plan. 

Another recent development this week is swelling in my face, hands and feet.  It came on pretty suddenly, accompanied by a significant weight gain (8lbs) this week, so I had to do another 24 urine collection (not fun) and I'm monitoring my BP at home.  Up until last week BP was on the low side (I'm on nifedipine for PTL), but it's been creeping up to high/normal range this week as well.  Any other readers have this happen?  It's especially disconcerting because I'm already on nifedipine, which is an anti-hypertensive.  Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and to what outcome?  I'm trying not to be anxious, but it's tough...
 Good luck to everyone this week! 

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM »
Hi Ladies!  We've made it another week!

I'm currently at 34+1 weeks today.  Things have been going pretty good lately, although I am really feeling my pelvic muscles/leg muscles lately.  Seems everytime I do something that is not laying down - I get really sore and stiff in the groin area.  That's hard to deal with since it's not going away when I lay down.  I'm not concerned about it yet - after my little one is born I think there will be a lot of work involved to get back into shape.  Yikes!  I enjoyed the 4th of July parade and a bbq and made an outing to a friend's house for dinner on Sat night.  Those are the biggest things I've done lately and I certainly felt it the next day.  I just can't lay down all the time anymore!

I have a doc appt tomorrow with an ultrasound so we'll see if I've made a big mistake being out those two times. 

Keep cooking ladies!! 
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

twinsat44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011 at 12:07 PM »
Hi all,

I am 17+4 with twin girls.  We are moving right along.  At our appt last Thursday everything was good and the doctor seemed happy that we were still cookin!

Looking forward to getting my hair cut this evening.  I found someone who will come to my house!  And, of course, to going to the doctor on Thursday since that is the only time I leave the house.

I hope all the Mamas are doing well and have a great week!!!!!

tmmetz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
I am 26 +1 today.  Woke up very tired when I usually wake up ready to shower and get the household going for the day...from bed ;).  Disappointed that after 10 units of insulin my fasting blood glucose went up a bit.  Tonight I will have to take 15 units.  Took my bp this am and it was excellent.

Looking forward to...boys book club tonight.  DH is hosting and we are discussing Paddington.  I just get to sit pretty and talk to the mommies :D.  A dear friend is going to stay late and visit with me.

DH is off Wed and Thurs so looking forward to that.  Thurs I have a growth scan.  The second one.  I pray there is growth.  My BIG hope is that I get off bed rest...but I'm not counting on it.

Friday afternoon DH is taking kids on a field trip to a local farm.  That night I will sneak off to the boys' last ball games.  My extra outing for the week. 

I made a count down sheet counting down the weeks until 37 and then 40.  I have growth scans listed and how many weeks left.  Today, there are 11 weeks until 37 and 20 weeks until my daughter comes home.

Told DH last night that we should go through the baby boy stuff and make a list of what we need and start buying it...or when someone asks..tell them what we need.  I am somewhat reluctant to do this because if baby doesn't make it, I don't want to look at all this baby stuff lying around.  But then again...I am not a last minute person.  I like being prepared.  So up in the attic Daddy will go...

HeatherGayle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
Eeep! Since being discharged last Thursday after a week's stay in the hospital, my bp has climbed back up to creepy levels, even with the double dose of Adalat. I had a rough night last night, with difficulty breathing, massive headache, dizziness, nausea, etc, and popped in to see my obgyn this morning.

Guess what?? I am being induced - tonight!! WHAT?! I am not ready!! :P We knew this was coming and are impressed that we in fact made it past 32 weeks - but still! Yikes!!

We have had the steroid shots, and he is nice and big, but I am still nervous about a potential NICU stay. I am 35+3. Wish us luck! :)

BedrestPractitioner

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011 at 02:43 PM »
Hi Mommies!

Congratulations on progressing along in your pregnancy!!

Stay positive,
Nicole

Marvin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011 at 03:51 PM »
Still in hospital but still cookin at 35 weeks today. I honestly can't believe I've made it this far after so long on bedrest. The end is in sight and getting less scary with each passing day.

My OB is on vacation this week, so there's even more motivation to get to my ultimate goal of 36 weeks. However, I may have to endure some not-so-understanding doctors until then (as I had to this weekend  >:( ). I heart my OB and don't think I would have made it this far if he was not so cautious of my situation.

Hang in there mamas :)
Mom to two preemies
On bedrest with #3 since 23 weeks (EDD 8/15)

AKmama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011 at 04:04 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow!! I can't believe I made it another week, I've been on strict bed rest since week 27.

As of last thursday's OB appointment, I'm 1 cm dilated and completely funneled to the stitch but my doctor thinks I may still go a few more weeks, so we shall see...
Pregnancy #2 -- a girl! EDD 08/23/11
Mom to twin angels born too early at 19 weeks
Bedrest since 27 wks, Incompetent Cervix & cerclage at 14 wks

rach2103

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011 at 04:35 PM »
Hey mamas! I'm 33+1 today, brand new to the website and have been on bedrest since July 1st. After 31 weeks of things going smoothly, I was surprised when I had high BP and 2+ protein in my urine at a routine visit. The dr immediately admitted me to L&D, started me on mag and gave me steroids. They told me I might be delivering soon ~ SCARY! We were not ready for this! After about 5 hours, my BP stabalized and I was sent home 4 days later to do a follow-up 24-hour urine (was 252 in hospital). Since then, I've been on bedrest at home, monitoring BP, doing weekly labs and 24 hour urines, and twice weekly NST. I do a growth ultrasound tomorrow as well.

This has been REALLY hard for me, as I'm normally a very active person. I am a nurse in a BUSY cardiac ICU, and have been officially taken off duty until baby is here. My husband and friends have been GREAT, but I still am finding the emotional part of bedrest tough! I know this is best for baby, and I'm really taking the bedrest thing seriously because of that. I just want him to be healthy, and would LOVE not to have a NICU stay!

As of today, our goal is 4 weeks (28 days!!!) to get us to 37 weeks. If we can get that far, I will be induced because of the effect it's having on my body, and therefore the effect it ultimately has on him.

So this week, I have a dr appt tomorrow with NST and ultrasound, then Friday I'll have another NST. This Saturday night we're having a "game night" and take-out with friends. It'll be nice to see people! If I make small goals for myself to get to. Today is already halfway done! Yay!

Good luck to all the mamas who are having their little ones so soon! You are all a big inspiration to us!

Amy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011 at 05:10 PM »
Good afternoon ladies!  Today I am 24+2.  Yeah for 24 weeks!!!  I have cervical length checks every Friday.  Last week I was holding steady around 2.0-2.5cm with funneling - but not to the stitch.  The doctor wasn't super optimistic, but holding steady is good news.  Looking forward to my next appointment.

I think I am getting the hang of bed rest emotionally.  This has been a much better week.  My husband has been super dad last week - taking our 4 year old to the zoo, out to a daddy date lunch, book store, etc.  I have come to terms with the fact that things may not always get done on MY schedule or the way I would do them, but they are getting done none the less.  My daughter has worn some odd outfits this week, but she is clean, clothed and happy.

I made an online registry as a checklist for myself so I could track what we need for this little man and started doing some online shopping.  Super excited for my purchases to arrive!

Last week I was stressing because I only have 6 weeks of paid sick leave saved up at school - and worst case scenario I am looking at potentially 10 weeks of being off work due to bed rest - plus maternity leave on top of that.  My husband happens to teach for the same district and spoke with the admin office today and we might be able to share sick days if approved by the board.  He has another 5-6 weeks saved.  That would be so amazing! 
Amy

Preg. #1 - Ivy born @ 39 weeks w/ no complications (12/06)
Preg. #2 - Missed Miscarriage around 8 weeks (10/08)
Preg. #3 - Lincoln due 10/29/2011
Shortened cervix @ 19 + 3
Pelvic rest and restricted activity since 6/8
Cerclage placed @ 22+4
Bedrest since 6/29

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM »
Hi all. I am still cooking at 33 weeks 2 days. Things seem to be going pretty well. My husbands sister and family were I. For a visit this last week. So, I was a bit more active than usual around the house. My MFM doctor told me I could start being more active by 34 weeks, and am so anxious to get to that point. It's been a long 11 weeks of bed rest.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and hope all still looks good. My little guy is super active, so I feel like things are going along well now.

Have a good week everyone.

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM »
Congrats to Olivia!

I am officially at 30 weeks today :) I met the dr who will deliver yesterday for the first time - will see him every two weeks now. He is going to set me up with an OBGYN to check the cervix issue but he also thinks I might just have a short cervix to begin with. I'm happy he's being pro-active about it, though. This being our first baby we don't have any history to go off of.

Looking forward to getting the crib this week! :) Also starting our pre-natal classes.
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011 at 01:21 PM »
Hi ladies! Just a quick reminder that Pamela McKimie will join us in the Chat Room today at 2 pm Eastern to share techniques for reducing stress in a high-risk pregnancy. And we'll also be chatting about anything you all want to talk about. See you there!

http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011 at 10:47 PM »
Hi everyone!  I like to do my roll call after my Tuesday appts  :)  Nothing has changed...all is well.  my 8mm cervix is still closed up...hanging by a literal thread, but all is well.  I've even had my cerclage removal scheduled!!!!!!!  August 8th!  Bring it on...27 more days.  I really hope I make it that far...it would be so awesome.

Anyway, I feel pretty horrible...back is killing me and I have a cold!  Booo...like breathing isn't hard enough!!  But really, I can't complain...32 weeks tomorrow...just awesome.

Congrats to everyone still cookin!!!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!