Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Glucose Test  (Read 2855 times)

babygMom

• View Profile
Glucose Test
« on: July 26, 2011 at 07:09 PM »
I am 32 weeks and at my dr appt yesterday he asked me to do the glucose test. When I spoke with the nurse to find out when to come we found the only time that worked was two Saturdays from now - bringing me to almost 34 weeks. Isn't this late in the game to bother with something like this? It didn't occur to me to ask. When my dr suggested it it was not in relation to any other factors - he asked if I had it done yet (I hadn't) so said I might as well do it.
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

lilcapmom

• View Profile
Re: Glucose Test
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011 at 01:20 AM »
It does seem pretty late to get it done. I'm surprised they would wait so long. Even if it is late, it might be good to check it out, just to make sure. That way, if needed, you can follow up after the pregnancy for your own health. Also, if needed, you could work on controlling your blood sugars before the birth. But, I'd still ask your doctor a little more about it.

Sheri

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011 at 09:56 AM »
Not sure... I just had mine done yesterday and I'm a little over 24 weeks...
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM »
Yeah, that does seem a little late.  I had mine done at 28 weeks.  I was told though that sometimes it doesn't show up until later.
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
it is a little late, but now is when your baby starts to grow in leaps and bounds.  If your sugars are out of control then you could end up with macrosomia (huge baby), so it's a good idea to find out.  I've always had my second one at 28 weeks.
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!