Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 25  (Read 5290 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 25
« on: July 25, 2011 at 07:58 AM »
Hello, ladies!

So tell us what's new! What are you looking forward to this week? Does anyone have any books or movies to recommend to help pass the time?

If you haven't joined our live chats in the Chat Room yet, this is the week to do it! We have an open chat scheduled for Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern, and everyone is welcome to talk about anything. Then on Thursday at 2 we'll be talking about incompetent cervix and short cervix, which are two very common reasons women are placed on bedrest. On Friday at 2 pm, a certified aromatherapist will be offering advice on reducing stress during pregnancy. Looking forward to talking to you all this week!

Keep those babies cookin'!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Bonus chat this Friday at 2 pm!
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Like Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 25
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM »
I'm 24w3days... never thought I'd make it this far!  And hoping, wishing and praying to make it much further!  :)  I'm also looking forward to a hopefully good report from the doctor tomorrow about my cervical length!  :) HAPPY MONDAY!  Another week down...
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011 at 10:31 AM »
Hi mamas!  I'm at 36w+1day today.  Glad I got this far.  I had a few unplanned trips to the hospital and my OB last week.  I've been feeling more pressure lately so they wanted to check me out.  Well according to my OB on Friday-he may take out my cerclage tomorrow when I see him again.  Yikes!  That means time will be ticking for me.  I'm in full panic/nesting mode today since I just have a real feeling our little guy won't wait very long once my stitch is gone.  we will see!

Congrats mamas on another week!!
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011 at 12:41 PM »
32 weeks :) I have a dr appt today. Survived 4.5 days without my DH :)

I recently watched The Devil Wears Prada with my mom - amusing chick flick lol
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
If am still cookin at 30w4!  So happy to be in the 30's!!  I look back to how nervous I was at 24 weeks when they gave me the steriod shot and I thought I was going to have the baby anyday....well we showed them!  Hoping to make it to at least 36 weeks, heck maybe even  full term.

Things to pass the time?  Well lately I have been doing a lot of online shopping.  Got my stroller and carseat online from Babys r us delivered a few days ago.  It looks great but I don't like the colour, so may exchange it.  Bought a bunch of nursing tops online and the sizing isn't right, so trying to shrink them in the wash.  It just isn't the same shopping online, I like to personally see, touch and try things out before buying.   Also been reading a lot of books to pass time.  I have also taken an online university course and have to write the exam this week.  So time is ticking away with all these activities.  I am just getting anxious to get outside and resume a normal life again.  Oh well, only a few more weeks...this too will pass.
Hang in there ladies ;)
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

Amy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011 at 03:34 PM »
26 weeks 2 days!  CL and growth scan last Friday looked good.  Little Lincoln weighs about 1 lb 11 oz.  Cervix has held steady since 22 weeks now since the cerclage and is measuring 2.3 cm.  I get to start going to the perinatal center every 2 weeks instead of every week.  My regular OB wants me to move about the house a little more and plan to return to work in mid August.  She thinks this will help to keep my anxiety under control. 

Amy

Preg. #1 - Ivy born @ 39 weeks w/ no complications (12/06)
Preg. #2 - Missed Miscarriage around 8 weeks (10/08)
Preg. #3 - Lincoln due 10/29/2011
Shortened cervix @ 19 + 3
Pelvic rest and restricted activity since 6/8
Cerclage placed @ 22+4
Bedrest since 6/29

twinsat44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011 at 08:51 PM »
Hi All,

19 weeks and 5 days with twin girls.  Right now I am in the hospital for fluid in my cervix.  It started on Saturday with some brown, stringy discharge off and on.  Then my back started hurting.  By Sunday afternoon I was in tears from the back pain.  Doctor said to go to L&D.  When they did the u/s they found the fluid.  Babies are great and I was not having contractions. 

Today my doctor said it looked like the fluid was old blood and that what the discharge was.  I will probably go home tomorrow!  Cervix is holding steady at 2.3 cm and cerclage is good.

I am looking forward to my 20 week u/s on Wednesday.  Hope all the Mamas are doing good!!!

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011 at 11:33 PM »
Hi Lovely Ladies!

I am still here at 38 weeks+3 days!!! I never thought I would make it this far. I went into L&D on Friday afternoon because I was having painful contractions 3 minutes apart that were lasting for 1 1/2 each. I STILL hadn't dilated any further, so they sent me home. Ugh. We are sooo ready for our little girl to get here. Everyone in my family is hoping she comes on Wed. (It's my mom's, grandpa's, great grandpa's, and great-great grandpa's birthdays. Not sure why it skipped a generation but hey) I'm just hoping she comes this week.

From someone who spent 26 weeks on bedrest, I would suggest taking up a new hobby. I took up quilting. It made the time that I was alone during the day go by a lot quicker. Also, I would recommend reading Half Baked. It's a true story about a lady who had to go on bedrest, and delivered a micro-preemie. (It has a happy ending. that is all I will say) =)

On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011 at 02:12 PM »
Hey ladies! We're talking live in the Chat Room right now until 3 pm. Stop by!

http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011 at 01:16 AM »
Hi all, Sorry for posting late.

Glad to see all you women who are still cooking. I am 35+3 days now. At my doctors appointment last Thursday, my OB officially released me from bed rest. Yeah!  To celebrate, we headed to the beach for a weekend getaway before we add a new little one to the family. It was a great time with my husband and 22 month old son to spend together. I am working on getting my strength back, it's sup rising how sore and tired I get just from walking.

Hope all you ladies have a great week.

Sheri

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011 at 06:37 PM »
Hi all...I like to do my roll call after my appt.  Babies are measuring 4.25 lbs each and looking good.  I'm 34+1 today...no more cervical length check...he says there's nothing he can do now...just to keep doing what I'm doing...woot woot.  Cerclage removal in ELEVEN days!!!!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011 at 08:34 PM »
Mom27,
11 days until cerclage removal?!?! That is SO wonderful! Look at you coming down the home stretch. Way to go! I think you're going to get these babies to 37 and beyond.  ;D

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
Seriously Angela...it seems like yesterday when I got admitted and was researching 26 weekers...so happy to even be where I am today!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!