Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 24 weeks... funneling... shortened cervix... possible preterm labor. :(  (Read 11864 times)

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
Everything was going fine until my appt yesterday when they found funneling to my cerclage, my cervix shortened, and possible preterm labor.  I'm going back to the hospital today to get a swab test done and for steroids.  I'm really scared.  I already had a horrible experience with a 26 weeker 6.5 years ago and I don't want to go through that again!  :(  Stressful day today...  :(
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

babygMom

• View Profile
Keeping you and your little one in prayer.
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
Hang in there!  I funneled right to my cerclage at 24 weeks too and my cervix shortened to 0.6cm.  I was given the steroid shot, had a visit with this NICU and was preparing psychologically for a pre-term birth.  Well......I am now almost 31 weeks!!  The cervix is still the same, short and funneled, but at least the stitch is keeping it closed, and hopefully will do so for another 6 weeks!   There is hope!
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

lilcapmom

• View Profile
I'll be thinking of you. I had funneling and a short cervix, down to .7 with this pregnancy and my last one. I never had a stitch put in with either pregnancy. I was induced at 39 weeks with my first and am currently at 35 weeks 3 days with my second and the doctors don't think I will have a problem getting to full term this time.  It is possible to suprise the doctors. You never know how strong that last bit of cervix is.
Sheri

threacatcher

• View Profile
Keeping you in my prayers and sending good thoughts your way. Let us know how it goes.
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

Mom2Z

• View Profile
I hoping to serve as some hope for you.  I was admitted after an appt at 26 weeks...I had shortened to .8 and was funnelling.  By the time I got into a bed I was contracting like crazy and was an emotional mess.  I was given steroids and mag and everything calmed down.  I was in for 3 weeks.  I'm now home and 34 weeks!!!!  Prepare for the worst, but really, there is so much they can do nowdays and you're in the best place there is.  I'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the luck I can muster!!!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

twinsat44

• View Profile
Praying for you and your little one.  Please keep us posted.

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes!!!!!!  :)  :)  :) A stressful day CAN turn into a peaceful one after all.  ;D

The little one and I are doing okay so far.  The FFN test showed no signs of preterm labor and is considered 99% accurate for the next 14 days.  I was put on Procardia(sp?) in addition to the weekly progesterone shots that I already get.  Hopefully my uterus will stay quiet for a little while longer.  I get the impression from my high-risk doctor that He'd like to see this pregnancy make it to 30+ weeks which sounds like a dream to me.  I'm going back to the hospital today to finish up part two of the steroid (Surfactant).

More good news is that it looks like my cerclage is holding everything together for now. 

Only time will tell, but I'm still waiting, hoping, wishing, praying for a miracle of 30+ weeks!  :)
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

Taya

• View Profile
Hang in there! Sounds like your doing everything you need to do!!!!

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
Be strong - it seems that they are able to keep things stable. Stay as inactive and low stress as you can! KMFX for you!
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Baby and Toddler Food
Hope it is going well. There seems to be a lot of happy stories and I;m glad to say mine is too.
At18 weeks I was 3.7cm! Yah,
But at 21 weeks, was 1.7cm and funelled to the stitch.
Put on strict bed rest. I'm still here at 35 weeks, which I think is amazing
Hope yours turns out well for you, but I know, these happy stories don't dictate what will happen.
I like knowing that there is hope though, especially in my dark hours.
We lost a baby at 20 weeks, and each pregnancy since then has been a pyscoligical truma.
But I've now past all the milestones - a 20 week loss and a 34 week delivery last time (all well now, she is just amazing).

Good luck.Happiness for you
Bed Rest number 2 under way!
Jet - Still bith at 20 weeks
Sakura - Emergency stitch at 20 weeks for 9mm cervix with bedrest till 34 weeks when she was born
'Cisco'-  Stitch at 15 weeks and bedrest at 21 weeks with 1.7cm cervix. Finger crossed!
http://babyandtoddlerfoods.blogspot.com