Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: How can I celebrate an anniversary from the couch?  (Read 3998 times)

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
How can I celebrate an anniversary from the couch?
« on: July 29, 2011 at 11:28 AM »
I've got a 9th wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks.  Any good celebrating ideas?  I can't make a decision to save my life lately, lol!  :)

The hubby deserves something extra special this year... he's been a real trooper for so long.
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

mvp_57

• View Profile
Re: How can I celebrate an anniversary from the couch?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
Congratulations! How about a photobook of your milestones together as a couple? Not sure about Snapfish, but Shutterfly automatically creates a photobook once you've uploaded your pictures in an album. You can re-arrange the photos within pages if you like but if you uploaded them in the desired sequence, the work is done for you. Check the processing time so that it arrives in time for your anniversary!

Another idea, if someone can help you set up is a candlelit dinner and a movie. Could be as simple as takeout.

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Baby and Toddler Food
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011 at 07:19 PM »
your can also do photo books on Blurb too. I think they were the cheapest.
last bed res my partner and I often had a date night on fri night.
he crawled into my hospital bed and cuccled while we watched a movie on tv or the lap top.
no funny business! the stitch and it was in hospital after all.
it weas simple but sweet as we havent done that in absolute years
Bed Rest number 2 under way!
Jet - Still bith at 20 weeks
Sakura - Emergency stitch at 20 weeks for 9mm cervix with bedrest till 34 weeks when she was born
'Cisco'-  Stitch at 15 weeks and bedrest at 21 weeks with 1.7cm cervix. Finger crossed!
http://babyandtoddlerfoods.blogspot.com

kadiera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM »
We celebrated our 11th in the hospital on bedrest this year. Hubby brought in fair-out from our favorite Italian restaurant & arranged a wheel chair pass to get me out of my room. The nurses were so sweet, they brought cake. We curled up in my bed & watched a movie.

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011 at 02:46 AM »
My hubby and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary while I was on bedrest this year. We ordered a pizza, he bought a pie(we aren't cake people) and some sparkling cider and we played games together. It was simple, but really nice at the same time.
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM »
Celebrating from bedrest is hard.  I just celebrated my 11th anniversary earlier this month.  I was thankfully far enough along that my doc ok'd a dinner out for us, but that was it.  We did go out to dinner, but it was exhausting.  When we got home - our sitter had the kids in bed and we just watched a movie - popped popcorn, and snuggled on the couch - and snuggling by no means together - I basically layed my head on the pillow he had on his lap.  You just have to make it special - and any time spent not talking about bedrest and babies is good.  Enjoy yourselves and the time you have together on your special day.  :)
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

hannah_bagrich

• Thanks for joining! Has Keep 'Em Cookin' helped you? Please give $2 or more to help KeepEmCookin.com stay online: paypal.me/angeladavids
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020 at 08:22 AM »
I tried to think of 5 special anniversary gifts your husband will surely love:

1) Personalized Desk Blotter
2) Trunk Club
3) NFL Newspaper Book
4) Personalized Stationery
5) Digital Photo Frame

Why not go big with a gift that really knocks his socks off? Organize a romantic evening. Bake lovely cupcakes, put them into the cupcake carrier - https://www.justinscafe.com/cupcake-carriers/ Buy your favourite bottle of wine. Date night is always a good idea!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020 at 08:01 AM »
Hi, Hannah!

Those are great ideas! I may steal some of those when Christmas comes around.

--Angela