Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 1st!  (Read 6901 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 1st!
« on: August 01, 2011 at 08:31 AM »
Wait! Did someone say August 1st? You've made it into a new month ladies!

Tell us what's new! How many weeks are you? How are you feeling? Any appointments coming up?

We had some really great live chats in the Chat Room last week. If you'd like to suggest a particular topic, just let me know: Info@keepemcookin.com.

Also, you may have noticed that the Forum was down last Saturday night. That's because we've moved to a new server because we outgrew the old one! That's great! The hosting company has told me that the amount of storage this forum uses will require an increase in monthly hosting fees. That's not so great. One way you can support this forum is by clicking on the Amazon ads above and below and then make ANY purchase in ANY department. Amazon will donate 6% of the purchase price to KeepEmCookin. So, if you're shopping on Amazon anyway, please click the ads here or bookmark this link: http://www.amazon.com/baby-car-seats-strollers-bedding/b?_encoding=UTF8&tag=keepecom-20&linkCode=shr&camp=213733&creative=393193&node=165796011&ref_=sa_menu_ba13

Thanks SO much!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 1st!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011 at 12:04 PM »
YAY for August 1st!   :) 

I'm 25w,3days.  CL will get checked tomorrow although I think my handy dandy cerclage is doing most of the work these days. 

This past week (for precaution) I was:
given steroids
had an FFN test
got set up with a home monitoring service for contractions
started Procardia  <--- UGH to the side effects!

And I'm supposed to continue with weekly progesterone shots and bed rest.  Hoping my little one stays in there for at least another few weeks!
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011 at 12:18 PM »
Woohoo August 1st! I am 39+3 weeks today!!!! And hopefully I won't get any further. ;) I''m getting induced later this afternoon! I am SO excited!!!!! It's probably why I didn't sleep last night! I am so amazed that I'm getting induced. After we fought for so long to keep our baby girl in, she doesn't want to come out now. haha. I can definitely say, the 26 weeks of bedrest was COMPLETELY worth it, and will be even more so when I get to hold her later.

Love to all of you mommies!
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
Congrats Threacatcher on making it all the way and being induced.  That happened to me with my last pregnancy. I am 36 weeks today and excited to be this close to being considered full term and only 3 weeks away from my scheduled c-section. I have my weekly OB appointment on Thursday. Last week he told me he didn't really expect me to go into labor before the induction. So, hopefully it will be smooth sailing from this point on. I still feel like I have a lot to do to prepare for our new little one to be here.

Happy cooking this week ladies!

Sheri

twinsat44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011 at 12:44 PM »
Hi Ladies!

Another week down, hooray!  I am 20 weeks and 4 days with twins.  Had my big u/s last Wednesday and all was okay except for baby B is a little small.  We will now be having serial growth scans for the rest of my pregnancy.  I have a bladder infection too which is not fun at all.  It is just one thing after another.  Luckily my cervix has been stable since the cerclage and I am so thankful.

Congratulations Threacatcher on being induced!  You make me think maybe I can survive bedrest too :)

Hope all the Mamas are doing well today!!!

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011 at 12:53 PM »
Way to go ladies!!!! I am 35+4. Just had home NST and Blood pressure check.  My little boy Gibson was quiet on the monitor today which is very unusual for him.  I am not feeling super great as I have been getting migraines and very nauseated. Even with Zofran last night I was not able to eat more than applesauce for dinner.  I have an appointment on  with my Diabetes doctor, a BPP and NST and OB check.  Hopefully we will start talking about what the plan is to bring Gibson into this world in a couple weeks. I had a rough weekend and was VERY emotional and hormonal. Feel so bad for my poor husband!!! Anyhow Hang in there ladies:)

mel2266

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
OMG! What an awful week it has been.  In addition to all that you are about to read, Dallas is the hottest location in the country right now, with base temps around 107!  We are on a 30+ day streak of 100+ degree temps....I AM MISERABLE!!!

Last Wednesday I ended up BACK in the hospital with contractions about 5 minutes apart.....still 1 cm dilated.  I refused Terbutaline and then they sent me home, continuing to contract.

On Thursday, I had an OB appt with no apparent change.

I am now 37+1 and miserable.

I am still contracting every single day and the frequency and intensity have kicked up a notch.

I had my baby shower on Saturday - contracting all the way through at about 8 minutes apart - about an hour after it ended, I started contracting heavily and finally was feeling true labor for the first time - I never had labor pains with my first.

I tried it all - position changes, showers, tylenol, everything except my Turbuteline.  I had my husband take me to the hospital when the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart.

I get to the hospital and they put me in triage....guess they finally got tired of me taking up their rooms!  As the time passed, everything progressed horribly, except my cervix never changed.  My contractions began to sit right on top of the other - less than 10 seconds apart - still no change.  Then it felt as if a dagger was being jabbed into my mid-back.

Long story short, I was kept overnight, learned I had an extremely sever UTI that had made its way all the way up to my kidneys, which were in spasm (thus the back pain). I finally gave in - 2 shots of Terbutaline, 2 shots of sedatives, fluids, antibiotics and Ambien! Whew!  They knocked me out ... and, for the most part, so did my contractions.

I have another appointment with my OB on Thursday, so I'm hoping I've progressed a little!  I have a scheduled C-section with Tubal on Thursday, but for some reason, I have a feeling that I'll be in the hospital again before then!

What a week.

Also, if you guys could keep my friend Kelli in your prayers.  She delivered this morning at 35 weeks to a little boy that has Down's syndrome and will need heart surgery within the week and possibly a procedure on his kidneys too.

Thats it for now!

Melanie
www.goinggreenwithnoah.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Going-Green-with-Noah/153886021312448
http://www.facebook.com/melanie.cano.melugin

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011 at 06:21 PM »
Hang in there Melanie!!!

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011 at 06:31 PM »
Congrats to threacatcher!

And, Mel2266 - keeping you and your little one in prayer, along with your friend and her son.

I'm at 33 weeks - not much has happened recently. We did some maternity photos today which were fun to do :) In our prenatal class last week we focussed on the actual birth which had my DH being very thankful it is not him :)
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

Couchdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
Hi Ladies, I'm currently 37w + 1day today.  Yippee!!  I had an OB appt today and I basically asked him what lies I can tell him in order for him to schedule my c-section earlier than 39 weeks.  I've got two little ones at home and I'm TIRED!  I've been off bedrest since about 36 weeks and that has helped get my legs back under me.  I can actually do the stairs without feeling like I'm going to pass out every time.  :)  My OB said my little guy has consistently measured a week bigger so he decided that since he wanted to take my cerclage out while doing the c-section - that next Mon he would do an Amnio to check development and then schedule a section later in the week.  This won't be much earlier than my scheduled section on Aug 15th, but I'll take it.  I've been having a ton of braxton hicks lately - too many to feel good.  I've never been a fan of the 9th month, but I thank God every day that I've made it this far! 

Keep up the cookin' ladies!! 

Lori
Mom of 2: Ella 5 yrs, Adeline 19 mos
Baby Boy due Aug 21, 11 (c-section scheduled for 8/15)
Bedrest since 20 wks, IC & cerclage @ 22 wks

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011 at 08:53 PM »
Hi all, 34+4 today...7 days from my cerclage removal...WOOHOO!  I also scheduled my c sect for the 25th...24 more days??  seriously?? 
On the physical side, I feel like hell.  My back is really paying the price...I'm in a lot of pain.  Cerclage is holding amazingly well and besides occasional contractions I'm doing ok...
Man, I never thought I would be "that lady" who is over being pregnant, but I have become her...bedrest, cerclage, stress, bad back...ugh.

Anyway, in 7 days when my cerclage is removed all bets are off!!!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011 at 11:51 PM »
Hang in ther Melanie. I am in Florida and feel miserably hot most of the time too.  We haven't been quite as hot as you guys, but our humidity is way up there and even the nights and early mornings are sticky and hot. I can't wait until winter and cooler temps.

I'll be keeping you and your friend and son in my prayers. Hope your week is more bearable.

Sheri

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011 at 02:03 PM »
The KEC live chat is going on right now in the Chat Room: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011 at 08:13 PM »
Next milestone of 32 weeks coming up for me!  Today I am 31w4days, wow, can't believe I made it this far!!  Had my Dr's appointment today, basically there was not much to do as everything is fine, just had a little chat, got my P-shot, checked the heart rate and blood pressure, etc., Next appointment in 2 weeks.  We did talk about upgrading my level of bedrest from level 2 to 3, which means being able to get out a bit more, slowly.  Been on a couple of car rides this week with very limited walking and reclining in car, just feels good to get out and see the world again!  Hoping August just flies by...I want a September baby, so stay in there little guy!
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011 at 04:13 PM »
35+5 was an eventful day for me. Ended up having strong contractions and was in the hospital from 1am-5pm but didn't dilate.  They sent me home and I had even stronger contractions ended up back at the hospital at 10pm but no dilation just softening of the cervix.  Today the doctor took me off of bedrest though because my blood pressures have been great.  It was actually way to low when I went in at 1am. It was 60/30.  So they stopped my blood pressure meds.  Hoping to keep him cooking for another week or so even though I am so ready to be done I know he should cook longer.