Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 29  (Read 6808 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 29
« on: August 29, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
Happy Monday! Tell us what's new! How many weeks are you? How are you feeling? Any appointments coming up?

We had some really great live chats in the Chat Room last week. The transcript of our Thursday chat is still available here: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx If you'd like to suggest a particular topic, please let me know: Info@keepemcookin.com.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

twins

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 29
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011 at 09:24 AM »
29 weeks tomorrow!  Feeling pretty good -but have been having trouble falling asleep and staying comfortable.  My whole body aches in the morning - not sure of it is being pregnant with twins or the bed rest or a combination of both.  Have my bi-weekly doctor's appointment/growth scan/cervical measurement on thursday.  I always get a little bit nervous before the appointment but am hopful cervix is remaining stable as i haven't experienced any contractions/pressure etc.  I would love to get to 35+ weeks.
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!

snjstroble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011 at 09:41 AM »
Good morning!  21w2d here.  I'm feeling okay physically, but not so much emotionally.  I feel helpless and like such a burden.  I get angry at DH for not spending time with me and neglecting household duties.  It's difficult to give up my independence, even though I know how important it is.  I hate to be so negative.   :-\  I hope that when I reach 24 weeks my emotional state will improve.  I'm just not in a good place right now.  I'll be seing my doctor twice this week; my appointments are on Tuesday and Friday.  I look forward to getting some fresh air.  Hope everyone else is doing well!
Herald Emerson and Brooks Gregory were born on September 28, 2011 at 25w4d.  They lived for three days.

twins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011 at 09:56 AM »
@snjstroble - what you are feeling is completely normal.  I have felt the exact same way.  At around 27 weeks i kept having these crying spells and felt so hopeless and out of control.  I even considered talking to the counselllors they have at the hospital because I wasn't even feeling like myelf anymore - i felt so lost from who i was.  I have managed to pull myself out of it - i find that having visitors helps - people you can talk to about things that will distract you from obsessing about your situation.  Hopefully you have friends or family nearby who can come visit.  I still have my bad days too - i want my life back.  But i just remind myself this temporary and there is light at the end of the tunnel - it may be faint now but it's there.
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!

amylynn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM »
26 weeks 1day today.  I was put in the hospital last week and I will be here for a while.  My cervix has funneled to .7cm and I was having contractions.  They put me on procardia and that has helped a lot with the contractions, but does give me headaches.  I'm still getting over the shock of being the hospital.  My husband has to keep working so he comes to visit when he can.  The visitors definitely help keep my spirits up.  I get overwhelmed by the feelings of helplessness and of course the feeling of failure as my body lets me down again reproductively.  I know I have no control over this and I have to give that up to God.  Some days are just a lot harder than others.  I go over for a cervix check later today and hopefully it's stayed the same.
edd 12/3/2011
IC no cerclage
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss 7 1st trimester losses 2005-2009
1 ectopic pregnancy 2010

jennalyns

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
26w6d and still cookin'. My weekly measure comes tomorrow and I'm super nervous - last week I'd gone from 2.0 to 1.7 and they gave me "just in case" steroid shots. They're still not sure if it's a bad sign or if I have a dynamic cervix. This week I'm hoping they figure out whatever they need to figure out to tell me I'm on track and doing ok.

ABig30

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011 at 12:36 PM »
hello all!

First post on the bedrest check-in!  Am 24w 3d and feeling okay.  Had a good weekend with family visiting, and looking forward to more this weekend.  Keep em cooking everyone!!!
Bedrest on July 14, 2011  (17 weeks)for incompetent cervix and cerclage.
Off bedrest on November 8, 2011 (34 weeks)
Mom to beautiful baby girl Amélie born on November 22, 2011 (36 +4)

KayEm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
28w based on my EDD, 27w5 based on last week's ultrasound!  Hooray!  Glad to be resting at home instead of the hospital. My brother and his fiancee, who've been helping us out this month, will be out of town for the next three weeks...it'll definitely be lonelier, though I've got our two sweet kitties to keep me company while my husband is at work during the day. 

My next fFN and ultrasound are 9/7, so I've got my fingers crossed that things look good then. I got a bit sad and overwhelmed yesterday when I thought about the fact that I'm still 12 weeks away from a full 40 weeks. My peri is really focused on getting me to 36, but I don't want to stop there!!
Baby girl b/d 9/22/10 (IC) at 17.5 wks
Baby boy born 11/9/11 at 37w6d after cerclage and 13 wks bed rest

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011 at 04:21 PM »
HI Ladies,

I am 35w4days today and over the moon!!  This has not only been a long 9 months but a long 9 years of pregnancy.  Starting with my first pregnancy 9 years ago followed by a loss at 20 weeks due to possibly IC or listeria.  We then went through 5 years of infertility and two IVF treatments where I was told that I had a low ovarian reserve and my best chance was using donor eggs.  Since this was out of the "financial" question for us, and since I was approaching the age of 40, we decide to come to term with living a childless life and began to move on.  Well as fate would have it, 2 months after I turned 40 I got pregnant "au natural".  Sadly that pregnancy wasn't managed properly by the medical team in the small town I was living in, and we suffered our 2nd loss 16 weeks into the pregnancy after a failed elective cerclage.  I certainly did not think I could or would get pregnant again after that.  But I think I must have been destined to be a mom, because at the ripe age of 43 I unexpectedly conceived!  So now here I am at the end of the tunnel and I still can't believe this is going to happen and I will be bringing a baby home very soon ?!!!
I know it is a long haul ladies with the bedrest (I have been on bedrest since week 19), and I know there is a lot of anxiety and sadness associated with losing your independence and the uncertainty of not know if you are going to make it.  But know, that this too will pass, and keep reminding yourself that the bedrest is just a small blip in your life.  Hold onto HOPE and remember that dreams can come true!
Lets, keep these babies cookin!
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

momof26weeker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011 at 08:50 PM »
30 weeks and 1 day today! It's so wonderful to say I made it into the 30's (i have a former 26 weeker who will be 2 in Sept). Next goal is 32 weeks...wishing everyone long and uneventful pregnancies!
Mom to 26 weeker born 9/2009
Baby #2 - due 11/6/11

MommaTiff3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011 at 12:46 PM »
Still cookin at 30 weeks today. I had a rough weekend with aches and pains from being on the couch but all in all no more contractions. OB appiontment tomorrow to do another fFN test. Hopeing and praying I get a neg.
Mom to McKenna born at 38 weeks.
Mom to Tobin born at 35 weeks.
On bed rest with baby Camden due Nov 8th.
All 3 bed rest babies.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
Hi, ladies!

Just wanted to remind everyone about the live chat today at 2 pm Eastern. Less than 10 minutes from now.

See you there! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
If you test negative for the FFN test, that's great!  If you test positive for the FFN test... well... I did.  And that was 3 weeks ago.  A positive FFN test apparently doesn't always mean that you'll go into labor soon.  Again, a negative result is AWESOME, but a positive result isn't the worst thing in the world either.  :)  Just saying. 

SO... after a positive FFN test 3 weeks, Baby Girl is still cooking at 29w, 5days.  :)  YIPPEE!!!!!! I'm still on bed rest with bathroom and showering privileges, taking Procardia, getting my weekly progesterone shot, and having my CL checked weekly.  My cervix is still holding the same from when I had a scare at 24 weeks with funneling.  Occasional contractions, but nothing regular.  I think... I think I'm doing really well and getting pretty darn excited about making it this far.

I can't believe I'll be 30 weeks on Friday.  My word.  The months have gone by so slow, but now I feel like I'm running out of time to get things ready before baby comes at 35 weeks!  :)

OH and boy do I feel so HEAVY lately!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011 at 12:52 PM by MommaToOlivia »
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
Just wanted to remind everyone that our next live chat is today at 2 pm Eastern. http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx See you there!