Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Our baby girl is here!  (Read 2077 times)

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
Our baby girl is here!
« on: August 30, 2011 at 01:16 PM »
Life has been very busy since our baby girl arrived, and I haven't really had time until recently to post my story.

As a recap, at 22 weeks my cervix was 1cm dilated and only 1cm long. Immediately a rescue cerclage was put in and I was put on bedrest. At 26 weeks my cervix had funneled to the stitch. Things remained pretty stable until 33 weeks when I went into preterm labor. They stopped my labor and put me on Procardia.

At the end of June, when I was 34 weeks, my OB lifted most of my bedrest restrictions. There were still several things I couldn't do, but I could be up moving around a little more. Honestly I didn't have the strength to be up for very long, 12 weeks of bedrest and being hugely pregnant had drained my energy!

5 days later, my water broke. It was just like in the movies...a big gush of fluid, a puddle and a large wet spot on my pants. My husband immediately FREAKED OUT! We immediately went to the hospital where my stitch was removed. (Stitch removal wasn't completely terrible, however the speculum was uncomfortable to say the least!) Labor went pretty quickly, once the Procardia wore off, contractions intensified and our baby girl was born about an hour and 3 pushes later.

Avery Katherine was born on June 28th at 35w1d weighing 5lbs 1oz and was 17.5 inches long. Other than being premature, she was completely healthy and perfectly beautiful!

She did end up spending 3 weeks in the NICU. And after going through that, I would gladly do bedrest all over again and for as long as necessary to try to have a full term baby. I am immensely grateful for all the days/weeks of bedrest allowing my baby to grow inside of me for as long as she did!

She's 2 months old now and at her 2 month well-child appointment yesterday she weighed in at 8lbs 5oz and is 20.5 inches long. She's a growing girl!!

Finding this site at the beginning of my bedrest was a huge blessing for me. It was so helpful for me to know I wasn't alone and to read so many success stories!

For some reason I can't get pictures to post, so if you want to see pics of our baby girl check out my blog: http://trialsandtriumphs.wordpress.com

Michelle
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

momof26weeker

• View Profile
Re: Our baby girl is here!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011 at 06:44 PM »
Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl. Glad to hear she is home, doing well and thriving. I know the NICU is a scary place to be. Best wishes to you and your baby girl!
Mom to 26 weeker born 9/2009
Baby #2 - due 11/6/11