Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 40 + 3 weeks after 3 months and 17 days of bedrest!  (Read 2440 times)

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Baby and Toddler Food
40 + 3 weeks after 3 months and 17 days of bedrest!
« on: September 03, 2011 at 01:23 AM »
Hi,

Just sending out hope to all you Mums stuck in bed. I was put on bedrest at 21 weeks after and elective stitch at 15 weeks. My cervix was 3.7cm at 18 weeks and I really thought I was in the clear. I got past the dreaded 20 week mark, as our first baby was born then and didn't survive. But at 21 weeks it was 1.7cm and bedrest began until 37 weeks when the stitch was taken out. Since then I have been in the MOST incredible state of readiness! And still no baby. I had a stretch and sweep on almost a week ago and nothing! And the doctor wants to induce on Tuesday due to diabetes. Ourr 2nd baby (DD) was born at 34 +5 weeks after an emergency stitch as cervix was 9mm. 2 months strict bed rest in hospital and 6 weeks modified rest at home, and she came early. I just expected it this time......
So hope this gives you all hope that full term can be reached. I understand that there are many factors, and it will not happen for everyone on bed rest, but just thought it was worth putting out there.
Bed Rest number 2 under way!
Jet - Still bith at 20 weeks
Sakura - Emergency stitch at 20 weeks for 9mm cervix with bedrest till 34 weeks when she was born
'Cisco'-  Stitch at 15 weeks and bedrest at 21 weeks with 1.7cm cervix. Finger crossed!
http://babyandtoddlerfoods.blogspot.com

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 40 + 3 weeks after 3 months and 17 days of bedrest!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011 at 04:26 PM »
Holy smokes! 40 weeks and still counting! That is fantastic after all you have been through. Though I'm sure you are WAY over being pregnant at this point.  ;)

Thanks you SO much for sharing this story of hope! Please post a picture when Mr. or Miss Stubborn arrives.
Angela