Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Unemployment for bedrest????  (Read 4393 times)

twinsat44

• View Profile
Unemployment for bedrest????
« on: August 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM »
Has anyone tried to get unemployment benefits while on bedrest?  If so, were you successful?

I am being denied because I can't go out and look for work.  I have a telephone hearing tomorrow for my appeal.  My job didn't offer disability insurance so I have been without a paycheck for 2 months.

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
Re: Unemployment for bedrest????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM »
Hi, I don't know where you live (USA/Canada?), if in Canada have you tried sick benefits?  What about early maternity benefits?  I am not on anything right now because I was on an extended leave of absence when I got pregnant and didn't qualify, but with my last pregnancy I got maternity benefits and then switched over to regular unemployment insurance.  With this pregnancy I tried for disability insurance (since I am still paying into it), but still haven't heard back from them since I sent my request in April (I work for government so they are slow), and now that baby is almost due it is too late...rrrrrrrrr.  Hope you succeed on finding something  ;)
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

twinsat44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011 at 01:34 PM »
Thank you babyrom, for your reply :)

I guess I should have stated that I am in the US. 

jennalyns

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011 at 03:48 PM »
Are you able to provide proof of searching/applying online? I have a friend who's new to unemployment who has to do that, and she hasn't been denied benefits (although I live in MA, so maybe every state is different.) I wonder, too, if something from your doctor explaining that you can't physically pound the pavement would help, too.

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Baby and Toddler Food
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011 at 01:09 AM »
Become employed! Google "virtual assistant". I found out about this at the end of my bed rest. I Australia it pays $25 and hour (about normal) and the website I saw had several jobs each asking for a day or two a week. Thing is they ask for a resume, so that's more research on what to put int he resume. But still, it's an industry I dodnt know exsisted!
Bed Rest number 2 under way!
Jet - Still bith at 20 weeks
Sakura - Emergency stitch at 20 weeks for 9mm cervix with bedrest till 34 weeks when she was born
'Cisco'-  Stitch at 15 weeks and bedrest at 21 weeks with 1.7cm cervix. Finger crossed!
http://babyandtoddlerfoods.blogspot.com