Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for September 5th  (Read 6713 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for September 5th
« on: September 05, 2011 at 08:04 AM »
Happy Monday!
I'm not going to jinx anyone by saying Happy Labor Day  8), so I'll just say that I hope everyone here in the U.S. is doing something special with their friends and family members who are off work today for the holiday.

It's been great to see more and more people from around the world on our forum, mostly from Canada, the UK and even Australia. I was thinking it might be fun to have a live chat for our UK moms, since they probably miss our Tuesday and Thursday chats at 2 pm Eastern time. UK moms: Let me know what time would work well for you. Maybe 10 am Eastern?

So, tell us what's new! How many weeks are you? How are you feeling? Any appointments this week?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

P.S. Please support this forum is by clicking on the Amazon ads above and below and then make ANY purchase in ANY department. Amazon will donate 6% of the purchase price to KeepEmCookin.

Join our live chats Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

momof26weeker

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for September 5th
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
I am 31 weeks, 1 day today! Brief background, I had a 26 weeker back in 2009. With this pregnancy, I had a cercalge at 13 weeks, prgoesterone shots since week 16 and am hoping to get a "take home" baby this time around!!  :D
Mom to 26 weeker born 9/2009
Baby #2 - due 11/6/11

amylynn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011 at 10:35 AM »
I am 27 weeks 2 days today.  I've been on hospital bed rest now for two weeks.  I have my glucose test and a cervix check tomorrow. If I stay stable this week, they may let me go back to home bedrest sometime next week.  A few weeks ago I thought we would never make it to 28 weeks and now it's just around the corner.  Hoping my cervix stays stable at .7cm so I can go home.
edd 12/3/2011
IC no cerclage
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss 7 1st trimester losses 2005-2009
1 ectopic pregnancy 2010

jennalyns

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011 at 01:29 PM »
I hit 28 weeks tomorrow and I am SO PSYCHED. My docs were focused on getting me to this point, and I feel like this will be the first time I've felt any relief since going on bed rest. When I went on 5 weeks ago I was just starting to enjoy my pregnancy, since I spent the first 20 weeks being terrified and refusing to get excited "just in case" (no prior history, just afraid.)

Trying so hard to stay positive. I thought it would get easier as it went on, and in some ways it has but in a lot of ways it hasn't. I keep trying to focus on goals. After this it's 4 weeks until the end of my bed rest (unless they tack on more.) 4 weeks after that and I'll hit my personal goal of 36 weeks. And 4 weeks after that I'll be at term!

It's like that line from "Finding Nemo" - just keep swimming! just keep swimming!

I love coming here and reading happy birth stories from graduates or reading the roll calls of moms who are further along than I. You're all inspiration!

babyrom

• View Profile
    • 43 and Pregnant
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011 at 01:29 PM »
OMG!!  I can't believe I am almost full-term!  36w3days today!!  Not too long ago I was getting the steriod injection at 24 weeks and preparing myself for a premature birth.  Bed rest ladies works!  Plus, I think the progesterone injection helped too.

STITCH IS COMING OUT this Thursday!!  Yikes!!  My Perinatologist said that most women have the baby within 48 hours of the stitch removal.  Looks like I will be meeting my little guy this week!!!!  I am nervous and excited at the same time.  I just hope everything goes okay.  I will keep your updated!

Hang in there ladies and try to stay positive....you can get through this!
Due Date - Sept. 30/11 - A little boy!
Two angel babies - Baby Marina born March 1/03 at 20 wks cause unknown. Baby Aimee born Feb.17/08 at 16wks after failed elective cerclage.
This Pregnancy:  Cerclage placed on May 5/11 been on bedrest since.
Natural Conception at 43!  Baby due on my 44th Bday

ABig30

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011 at 02:26 PM »
Good day everyone!

Had a good weekend with family!

I am 25 weeks 3 days today and hanging in there.  I have my glucose test, cervical length check and appointment with my BP doctors (watching me for pre-e), so please cross your fingers for me that all my appointments go well tomorrow!!!

Keep them cooking everyone- glad we have each other.
Bedrest on July 14, 2011  (17 weeks)for incompetent cervix and cerclage.
Off bedrest on November 8, 2011 (34 weeks)
Mom to beautiful baby girl Amélie born on November 22, 2011 (36 +4)

EJ28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
32 wks 2 days! So proud - sometimes it's hard to be "proud" of staying still, but I'm beyond thankful we've made it this far. Goal of 34 wks is within sight, and then if everything's stable (cervix still at 1.1-1.3 cm) I can go on modified bed rest! Might even get to go out for a dinner date with my hubby for our anniversary!

snjstroble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011 at 05:08 PM »
I'm really sensing your positive vibes and it feels good!  Last Monday I was pretty down.  I'm not proud of it, but I realize now it's normal and those feelings will come and go.  I'm 22w2d with twins and was discharged from the hospital this morning.  At my appointment Friday my cervix had shortened to 6mm and was 1/2cm dilated.  I went straight to the hospital, was admitted, and had a cerclage placed Friday night.  The procedure went well and we're feeling good about being proactive.  (The other option was to not have the cerclage, but spend the rest of my pregnancy in the hospital.)  The days went by quickly and I was able to meet the wonderful nurses I'll see again when we deliver.  My room was down the hall from the nursery, so I was able to sneak a peek at the gorgeous little babies now and then.  We also shared the recovery room with a woman who was having a c/s Friday night.  That was an amazing experience!  (The OR was right next door, so we knew exactly when the baby was born.)  I have no complaints about my stay.  Now that I'm home I expect the days will pass a little more slowly, but my mom will be here tomorrow for a while, which will be so helpful.  Happy baking everyone!  And thanks for the support!
Herald Emerson and Brooks Gregory were born on September 28, 2011 at 25w4d.  They lived for three days.

babygMom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011 at 05:53 PM »
Hey Ladies,
I'm at 38 weeks after having a "cervix concern" around week 20 and on moderate bedrest until about week 34. The end is certainly near and I'm trying to appreciate these last few days before life changes completely :) I've spent a lot of time nesting this past week especially since I had a baby shower a week ago - lots of clothes and items to organize!

Keep up the awesome work ladies - you are doing the most important job in the world!
Infertility defeated with Natural Family Planning - Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY (fertilitycare.ca).
Duedate Sept 18th for our first baby.
On moderate bedrest for short cervix.

KayEm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011 at 08:25 PM »
Hello ladies!  I'm at 29 weeks - hooray!  Last week I had another round of contractions in the middle of the night that landed me in the hospital for two days. As of last Wednesday my cervix was back down to 2cm, but they let me go home with a Procardia prescription. It seems to keep the contractions from becoming too intense, but hasn't eliminated them entirely. I am hoping that my cervix is over 2 cm at my appointment on Wednesday, and that the fFN is negative!

Let's keep em cookin!
Baby girl b/d 9/22/10 (IC) at 17.5 wks
Baby boy born 11/9/11 at 37w6d after cerclage and 13 wks bed rest

Gravidanza

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011 at 11:53 AM »
Hi everybody! I'm new to the site this week. I'm 33w3d with b/g twins. Was admitted to the hospital for preterm labor at a little over 27w, then sent home to complete pregnancy on bed rest after two weeks. Every week that I stay pregnant is like a gift - and I can hardly believe I'm coming up on 34 weeks! Thank you all for so many inspirational stories!
Expecting b/g twins, c-section scheduled for 10/11/11.

MommaTiff3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011 at 01:10 PM »
Hello Everyone. I'm 31 weeks today. Still cookin my little man. Only 5 more weeks of bed rest! I know I can do it!
Mom to McKenna born at 38 weeks.
Mom to Tobin born at 35 weeks.
On bed rest with baby Camden due Nov 8th.
All 3 bed rest babies.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
Just wanted to remind everyone about the Live Chat today at 2 pm Eastern. Hope to see you all there! Don't be shy...

http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011 at 01:56 PM »
Less than 5 minutes until the KeepEmCookin live chat! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx