Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cerclage ?  (Read 2844 times)

Allison

• View Profile
Cerclage ?
« on: September 04, 2011 at 08:12 PM »
Hi all,

I was on this site posting comments while on bed rest with my second little guy that came on may 5 at 35+4 and is perfect!  My first was born at 36+4 and he is also healthy!  I had a cerclage with my second, bed rest with both, and I'm trying to decide if I want to push my luck with a third.  My question is this...has anyone had an abdominal cerclage?  If so, what are the chances of bed rest with it?  Any personal experience or info you've gotten from your docs would be great!  Thanks!
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive

momof26weeker

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011 at 08:49 PM »
hi there,
While I have not had a transabdominal cerclage, I have done a ton of research after my 26 weeker was born in 2009. I spoke to Dr. Haney, out of Chicago and actually had an appt to get it performed. However, I ended up not going through with it, as my perinatologist was never able to definitvely tell me that my son was born early because of IC. It is my understanding bed rest is not needed with a TAC. There is a yahoo group called abbyloopers with a ton of information and many women who have had a TAC and carried to term or near term. Dr. Haney was awesome and I have also corresponded with Dr. Davis via email, he is out of NJ.Both were so helpful and answered all my questions. I am currently pregnant with #2 and had a TVC placed at 13 weeks. I am currently almost 32 weeks and looks like my cervix is holding this time around. 
Mom to 26 weeker born 9/2009
Baby #2 - due 11/6/11

Allison

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage ?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011 at 10:14 PM »
Thanks for your response.  I did find that website and am currently waiting to get an appt with a dr recommended on their site in Indianapolis where I live.  I am hoping he tells me he will put one in so I can have one more baby.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, hope you have a full term baby this time!
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive