Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 32 weeks TODAY!  (Read 3918 times)

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
32 weeks TODAY!
« on: September 16, 2011 at 02:34 PM »
I'm so excited and I need to share my excitement with people who understand.  :)

I'm 32 weeks today, woooooooooh.  My first pregnancy was rocky, ending in delivering a 26 weeker who is a.k.a. Princess Olivia.  She's doing fantastically well -- a smart kid with no development or growth delays.  She's been a walking miracle to so many. 

Anyway, when I got pregnant this time around I was scared TO DEATH because I had read that once you have a preemie, you'll likely deliver prematurely again.  And often, earlier than the previous pregnancy.  Now that's a pretty terrifying statistic if you ask me.  Delivering at 26 weeks is scary enough, anything earlier than that... I can't imagine.

After getting set up with a new high-risk doctor who felt confident that he could help me get to at least 30 weeks, being 32 weeks makes me feel great!!!  :)

So, if you're feeling like you can't make it any further... don't give up!  Half of getting there is having a positive mindset.  Hang in there ladies!  If I can make it, you can too!
Mom to Olivia, 26 Weeker now 6 years old
Mom to Hannah, 18 Weeker in Heaven
Mom to Baby #3 (another girl!), due 11/11/11

momof26weeker

• View Profile
Re: 32 weeks TODAY!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011 at 09:28 PM »
Congratulations on making it to 32 weeks. I also had a 26 weeker and was so fearful getting pregnant again. I also am in my 32nd week (36/5) and am so thankful to have made it this far this time around. It's so encouraging to hear how well your daughter is doing. My son will be 2 next week and doing remarkably well given his horrendous start. I wish you the best of luck with this pregnancy and hope you make it another 8 weeks. Best wishes!
Mom to 26 weeker born 9/2009
Baby #2 - due 11/6/11

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011 at 04:54 PM »
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond earlier this week when you posted your message. That is GREAT! I'm SO happy for you! And I know you're inspiring many other moms. Thanks for the updates!!!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011 at 03:28 PM »
Happy 33 weeks and counting!!!

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011 at 07:25 PM »
Thanks, Ladies!  :) 

I'm now 33 weeks and for some reason having less recorded contractions that I was a month ago.  Weird, but awesome.  :)  As for being induced at 40 week... nope!  :)  My doctor has scheduled a c-section for me at exactly 36 weeks.  Because of my previous c-section with my 26 weeker, he doesn't want me to have any full-blown contractions because my uterus will be too thin to handle them.  I'm scared about the c-section, but I CAN'T WAIT to meet this little kid I've shared a body with for so many months!  :)

It's definitely a totally different experience from having a 26 weeker.. there's so much joy when things go the way they should!!  Keep resting, Mommas!!  :)

twins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM »
Congratulations!  I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday - it feels amazing to come this far after 12 weeks of bed rest!  Is your doctor tzaking you off bed rest prior ot your c-section?
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!

MommaToOlivia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011 at 12:56 PM »
I don't think I'll be off bed rest until delivery.  I have a cerclage in and he's removing it during my c-section.  And it has started to pinch more frequently within the last 2-3 days which means I really need to stay off my feet. It's okay though.  I have 13 days left!  :)