Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Hospital bed rest...family at home :(  (Read 9277 times)

Motherhen

• View Profile
Re: Hospital bed rest...family at home :(
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011 at 09:47 AM »
My heart goes out to you Samantha. I have been on bed rest for 9 weeks with twins...but at home. I am only 25 weeks, so I still have a long way to go. My cervical lenth was 2.07 last week and my biggest fear is being moved to the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy. I have a 4 and 2 year old here at home and that truly is the hardest part of bed rest. Halloween was awful when I couldn't be a part of it...and now all the holiday parties at school are coming. And the weather has been so beautiful each day...I just want to be outside playing with them. But at least being at home for my bed rest, they can curl up with me before bed while I read them a story. I am so scared that it might be taken from me if I end up in the hospital. I know all the little things don't matter...like the school events, my dirty house, getting a nursery ready,etc. I know the focus is just to bring these babies into the world as healthy as possible. But on bad days when the bed rest depression hits hard, I find myself just wanting it to be over...for the babies to come even if it is too early. It is so wrong...and then I feel an awful guilt for ever having such a horrible thought. my first born was premature at 33 weeks, so I know all too well how it s to have a baby in the NICU. I know I need to do all I can to keep my twin girls safe from delivering too early. Why is bed rest so hard??? I think all my friends and family think I am on vacation. And yes...there is some fun in having the time to read, watch tv, and not having to get up to deal with toddler tantrums...so again...why is this so hard?
Bed rest with identical twin girls - diagnosed with TTTS at 16 weeks. Expected due date 2/19/12
Mother to Samantha (4 years) born at 33 weeks
Mother to Stella (2 years) born at full term

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011 at 12:39 PM »
Samantha,
It's been a few weeks since we heard from you. How are you doing? Still cookin' or did they do the c-section at 34 weeks as planned?

KitKat07

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011 at 08:54 PM »
Girlie... I can just imagine how lonely you must being in the hospital while your family is is at home! I hate hospitals too. I had to go there for my steroid shots today. It's better you stay in the hospital... preaclamsiya is so dangerous for Mommy & Baby... my prayers are going out to you!