Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: looking for support re: bedrest and PIH and depression  (Read 2782 times)

babynurse

• View Profile
looking for support re: bedrest and PIH and depression
« on: May 30, 2009 at 09:18 AM »
I just want to know if there are other moms out there who are struggling with bedrest and feeling depressed re: pregnancy complications, etc.  I would like to meet moms who are interested in chatting or even becoming e-mail pals in order to get much needed support.  if interested, my e-mail is fclapointern@hotmail.com

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: looking for support re: bedrest and PIH and depression
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009 at 12:37 AM »
Hi, there! I've been thinking about you a lot these last few days. Glad to see you here!

My Little Guy is now 10 months old, but I clearly remember the depression I experienced during my many months on bed rest! I know it can be nearly impossible to be positive when you are staring at the same four walls, are stuck in your house, and have nothing to do but worry that your baby arrives safely. I guess that's why I spent a lot of time researching preterm birth and how to prevent it. That was one thing I did to help me feel in control of the situation. I reviewed the symptoms of preterm labor just about every day, to be sure I was on top of it!

I know you've said you feel like no one cares about you or supports you. But people do--even if it is people like us on the Internet! And your nurses and doctors! And even the family members who don't have the time to stop by or are too scared to tell you they are worried about you.

During my bed rest days, I didn't want to see anyone, or call anyone, or have guests come over. But that was EXACTLY what I needed to do. To welcome people into my space. To tell them what I needed. Each day, try to reach out to one person; I know it is hard. Any family members, a religious group, coworkers, even old friends through Facebook.

And anytime you want to vent here, feel free! Even if it seems like a silly thing. I was upset that I never got to go maternity clothes shopping, with being on bed rest starting at 24 weeks. And I think we were all too afraid to jinx thing by planning a shower. :+( It's normal to miss those things! And even be upset about it.

Tell me more about you. Is this your first child? How many weeks are you? How did you discover you have PIH?

Talk soon,
Angela