Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for Nov. 7  (Read 7187 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for Nov. 7
« on: November 07, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
Welcome to another week, supermoms!

Hope to see you all in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern when Darline Turner-Lee is our guest. She is the creator of the "Bedrest Fitness" DVD and will be answering your questions and offering you suggestions for maintaining muscle tone and flexibility on bedrest. Looking forward to it!

So give us an update. How many weeks are you? Any appointments this week? What are you looking forward to?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern and Thursdays at noon: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

lpolinder51

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for Nov. 7
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011 at 09:13 AM »
I'm 32 weeks and headed to my next doctors appointment in two days. Have been on bedrest since 26 weeks for a cervix that was last down to 1.8 cm two weeks ago. Hoping to make it to my next goal of 34 weeks!

Motherhen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011 at 09:21 AM »
Hi. I am new to this forum. I am 25 weeks pregnant with twins. I've been on bed rest since 16 weeks...and hoping to make it to at least 32 weeks. I had a TTTS laser surgery at 16 weeks on the placenta and it was a success, but my cervix keeps shortening. Last week it measured 2.07. I am interested to hear about these bed rest exercises...my legs tingle when I get up and i am sore all over. I am struggling to gain weight and I am afraid I am starting to feel somevdays where I get very depressed.
Bed rest with identical twin girls - diagnosed with TTTS at 16 weeks. Expected due date 2/19/12
Mother to Samantha (4 years) born at 33 weeks
Mother to Stella (2 years) born at full term

sjaz09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011 at 11:01 AM »

I was put on Bedrest at 22 w following my cerclage, which was last week so I am less than a week into my bedrest journey. I have a 2 1/2 daughter who is a former preemie (born 28 w 1day).  Thankfully my husband has been amazing. Preparing to take my shower which is sadly becoming the highlight of my day  :)
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Abcmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011 at 11:32 AM »
Hi. I am 24 weeks 1 day with b/g twins! I am happy to say I just got my first round of steroid shots on Friday/Saturday. Right now the boy is 1lb 6 ozs and the girl is 1lb 9 ozs.  I get to go back to the doctors in 2 more weeks (26 weeks).

I went on bed rest at 19 weeks when my cervix went from 2.1 cm long to 4 mm long in 5 days. Then 7 days later I was 2-3 cm dilated at which time they did an rescue cerclage (21 weeks).  Now I am on very strict bed rest for the duration. This is not easy as I have a very busy 2 and a half year old (who was full term and born on her due date!)

Remaining optimistic and taking each day a gift/victory. Hoping to get to at least 28 weeks!

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011 at 12:35 PM »
I'm 24 weeks tomorrow and will be receiving the steroid shots on Wed & Thurs.
I've been on bed rest since 18 weeks due to placenta previa among other things.  Last cervix measurement was 2.7
I do have a history of PML and PROM with my now 3 year old that was born at 34 weeks.
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

bubblegirl214

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011 at 12:41 PM »
29 weeks today! Almost to 30!!!!! Had cerclage put in at 12 weeks. Everything has been looking stable, but I am still on "pelvic rest" until baby comes since we're not sure what my cervix will handle (it's proven itself to be fickle). I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I'm doing my best to lay as low as possible till we meet baby. Feeling like I'm getting close to the homestretch, especially with the holidays tucked in between here and baby! The time will go pretty fast... good luck to all you supermoms out there resting with me! :-)

Mumtaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011 at 02:30 PM »
Hi ladies. Can't believe I'm 36w2d!!! I remember getting put on bedrest just shy of 26 weeks.  It seemed endless then, but looking back it was totally worth it. I got off bedrest this Saturday and I had tons of errands planned... After all I haven't been to Target or Kohls for over 10 weeks ;). But honestly, I get exhausted and winded VERY quickly and can't do much of anything. One nice thing about bedrest is that it kept all the aches and pains at bay. Walking around has my low back spasming and lots more contractions. I was 1cm dilated last Thursday before getting off bedrest and am curious to see how this thursday's appt will go.
Welcome to all of the new Mommas! Hoping your week flies by!
Mumtaz

ABig30

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011 at 06:51 PM »
Hi ladies!

Still cooking at 34w3 days- bedrest restrictions were lifted last week and I"ve been encouraged to start short walks, make small shopping trips, etc.  I'm finding that I get so tired so quickly- had a busy weekend and spent the whole day today sleeping!  Need to ease into a routine of some sort.  Didn't think it would be so hard to "get back into it" (having been an avid gym fanatic pre-pregnancy and spinning 3x a week!)  Glad to have made it this far, cerclage is coming out in 2 weeks and then we "wait and see".  Never thought I would have made it this far; this forum has definitely helped with the inspiration and success stories.  Hang in there ladies!!!!

Anne
Bedrest on July 14, 2011  (17 weeks)for incompetent cervix and cerclage.
Off bedrest on November 8, 2011 (34 weeks)
Mom to beautiful baby girl Amélie born on November 22, 2011 (36 +4)

KayEm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011 at 07:53 PM »
No longer on bed rest and still cooking at 37w4d...I have been 4cm and 80% effaced since last Monday and contracting irregularly. I have another OB appointment tomorrow afternoon and am very interested to see if anything's changed!  I feel TREMENDOUS pressure constantly and don't know how the little guy is still cooking. I am so thankful for each day he stays put, but it is honestly getting excruciating.

I never dreamed I'd make it this far...hang in there ladies, you can absolutely do it!
Baby girl b/d 9/22/10 (IC) at 17.5 wks
Baby boy born 11/9/11 at 37w6d after cerclage and 13 wks bed rest

celticmama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011 at 08:58 PM »
16w3d! Had a great OB appt and u/s! Baby looking great! Cervix closed and long (something that hasn't been a problem for me, but they keep checking!). Discharge has stopped and no contrax! I am starting the progesterone vaginal suppositories this week in the hopes that my irritable uterus doesn't kick in like it usually does at this point. MFM reminded both dh and I that with the very real likelihood that my uterus will rupture again, I cannot be overly active, etc. It's good for BOTH of us to hear that! Another check of my cervix in 2 weeks, and another OB checkup and u/s in 4 weeks. Oh, and they are fairly certain that the baby is a boy!!! This would be boy #5 for us and our 2 girls are feeling a little outnumbered! LOL  :) 

We feel so incredibly blessed!!  ;D
~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

remosty

• View Profile
    • My business site
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011 at 09:18 PM »
I'm here still at 34+2. I have been getting pretty crampy the last 3 days and my contractions are getting a little more intense. I am so close to the end...I get off bedrest the day before Thanksgiving! (well, technically the 19th, but my husband MUST work till the 23rd, so I will continue the Nifedipine and bedrest till then. Last I was checked I was not dilated, just short and soft still. I have an OB appt a week from today for baby's measurements and to check my cervix again...we'll see how that goes. :)
EDD Dec17
First Pregnancy
On B/R & nifedipine since 9/22 with "irritable uterus"

amylynn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011 at 12:51 PM »
Hi, 36w 3days today.  Unbelievable!  I was released from bedrest on Saturday and I am back at work full time after 15 weeks of bed rest.  Definitely feeling more contractions since stopping the procardia.  I was a tiny bit dilated last week so we will see what a week of walking about will show us on Thursday.  I am a walking testament that bed rest works, my cervix had funneled to .7cm at 25 weeks and I was hospitalized for 3 weeks.  My cervix has held stable at 1.1cm with no cerclage since 28 weeks.   :)
edd 12/3/2011
IC no cerclage
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss 7 1st trimester losses 2005-2009
1 ectopic pregnancy 2010

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
Look at all you moms who have made it into the 30s! So awesome!

Just wanted to remind you all about today's live chat at 2 pm EST. We're talking with Darline Turner-Lee, creator of the "Bedrest Fitness" DVD. See you then!

ZoesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011 at 09:32 PM »
Hi all!   I am 28+4 today after 24 days on HBR and another 2 weeks before that at home.  My cervix is still less then 1cm and very soft but somehow it's holding strong.  My b/g twins are growing well and thank god have had no issues with them.  I am now just praying to make 30 and then will think past. 

I am so impressed with how long some of you ladies have lasted on bed rest.  It is truly inspiring! 

Hope everyone has a restful and peaceful week.