Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: cerclage & bedrest, now what?  (Read 2620 times)

sjaz09

• View Profile
cerclage & bedrest, now what?
« on: November 09, 2011 at 10:04 AM »
Hi all. I am going to my first scheduled appt. since my cerclage last week. I guess I am kind of wondering what we should expect? I will be 23 weeks tomorrow. I know they will be doing an ultrasound prior to my appointment with the doc, but I guess I am wondering what they will be looking for and how/if the cerclage changes my CL? I was given the cerclage when it dropped from 2.7 to 2.3 in one week.

Any advice? Things I should ask??

Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Julez

• View Profile
Re: cerclage & bedrest, now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
Good Luck with your appt-I know for me, I'm seen by a practice and one thing I noticed in my appts. is some of the doctors focus on the cervical length above the stitch and some focus on the cervical length below the stitch and that kind of threw me for a loop from one week to the next-I didnt catch on right away and had a heart attack when the count went from 2.2 to .8-and then I figured out they were not comparing "apples to apples" -Also I would press them if they just talk about "funneling" and dont try to give you a measurement-even if its not a good number you should know the measurement so you can objectivly compare how things are going one week to the next.  Anyway--good good luck to you!
Julie

sjaz09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011 at 07:31 PM »
Thanks Julez. It went pretty good. My cervix is "stable" no changes from last week. Baby looked good! Good to know about the measurement above/below the stitch. It's certainly a learning experience.
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Julez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM »
Hey, thats great!  Stable is GOOD. 

mvp_57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM »
Julez, thanks for the info. My next appt is at 24-weeks, so it's helpful to know about measurements before and after the stitch. I had no idea.