Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bored and frustrated vent!!  (Read 2002 times)

HollyRN21

• View Profile
Bored and frustrated vent!!
« on: December 11, 2011 at 07:44 PM »
How is everyone feeling tonight?? I am so bored and so lonely and bed rest is wearing me thin. I have completed 7.5 weeks of home bed rest and will be 34 weeks in a few days which was my BIG goal.
With the holidays so close, my birthday in 8 days, ds's 8th bday is only days after that, and I haven't bought the kids ANYTHING yet, there are Xmas parties, and work parties, and everyone is in a cheery chipper mood enjoying the festivities.. and I am stuck here.
My hubby has been working overtime because I just received my last check from work (only had the 6 weeks paid, the rest of the time off I do not get paid), and that means I am alone so much more. My kids are old enough to help out and are great, and family and friends have been stopping by to help and bring gifts, BUT I AM SOOOOO OVER IT!!!

sigh... this too shall pass..
repeat mantra... Its all worth it for this little man growing inside!!!

AngelLily03

• View Profile
Re: Bored and frustrated vent!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011 at 08:54 PM »
Holly,

I've been having one of those days today too, feeling sick and frustrated of being down and unable to do anything.  DH had a lot of late nights this week to make up for our trip to L&D last Monday, he's trying to save every hour of sick/vacation for when he actually comes.  We have completely lost my income, I was only working part time, but I am a home based travel agent for Disney, just trying to built the client base from the couch isn't working too well.   I did a lot of my Christmas shopping online so that was fun, I"m still stalking a few toys for DD and am starting to look for presents from the baby to give them in the hospital.  DH has forbidden me to wrap...saying it would be up too much, which is right but I can still pout about it.  We have arranged for all Christma,s activites dealing with the family to be at our house, so I won't miss much there and am a bit releived not to have to haul the kids around.  I was not looking forward to making my 4 year old leave her presents. Now that the Christmas shopping is pretty much done  I've turned my attention to what we need for the baby, I don't know if I"m getting a shower at this point...hope I am but not holding my breath, the ladies a church usually do one but don't think they know what to do with me.  Spent a couple of hours on etsy.com the other day just looking at blankets...I found one that matches his going home outfit and am sooo tempted.

Hang in there your so close!  Congrats on 34!  That's my mental goal right now as well and I"m 4 weeks out.  DS came at 36 and was perfectly healthy with no steroids and only a week of bedrest at the end.  It'll get better I keep telling myself I'm giving weeks for him to have a lifetime and this time next year this will be a distant memory and I can go as bonkers as I want shopping, parties, pictures, and crafts ;).

sjaz09

• View Profile
Re: Bored and frustrated vent!!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011 at 09:29 PM »
I hear ya, The hard days suck and the good ones I don't remember, or that's at least how I feel. Day to day feels so monotonous. (6 1/2 w on bedrest down).

I have let go being stressed about the holidays and at the point I am just happy that there is something to get me through the month of December, although it makes January look like a LONG month :( 

I have a couple blogs I follow of families currently w/babes in the NICU and it is one thing that reminds me why I am doing this and how lucky we are.

Hang in there!!
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC