Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: He can't be ready yet!!!  (Read 1596 times)

imadisneygirl

• View Profile
He can't be ready yet!!!
« on: June 15, 2009 at 10:10 AM »
This is my third child and is being a stinker already.   :P  My official due date is July 24, but my son decided that he wanted to try to come on June 5 (my wedding anniversary) instead.  I had be having contractions all week, but I was hoping that they were Braxton Hicks, on Thursday I had my dr.s appointment and they did a NST we I have 6 contractions within in 35 minutes.  The doctor sent me home to rest for the rest of the day and wanted FFN test done the next day.  I woke up on Friday, feeling pretty good, still having some contractions, but worked anyway.  After work I walked down to the OB department and they strapped in to the fetal monitor and did the test.  Then everything broke loose.  The FFN test came back positive, saying that it is more than likely that I would have my son within in 2 weeks.  Then all of the sudden the contractions intensified and and I started to dilate and efface(sp) within in minutes I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced and then I had a bloody show.  Everyone was suddenly running around.  I was so scared.  The shot that they gave me made me shakes.  All the time I am thinking no it's too early I am only 32 weeks.  To make a long story short, they have been able to stop the contractions and after a week in the hospital I was able to come home.  But on strict bedrest.  I am already going stir crazy.  I want to do the best that I can, each day my son stays in, they more "crispy" he gets.  Thanks for letting me vent.

hollzdollz

• View Profile
Re: He can't be ready yet!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009 at 09:03 PM »
Oh wow, thank god they stopped it right!! What a stressful experience for you!

I was in hospital with pre-term labour at 32 weeks also, contracting for 12 hours one night at 5mins apart, getting pretty intense.. I thought it was "time" for sure!! They stopped luckily!

At 32 weeks I was 2-3cms dilated and my cervix was very soft, low-forwards facing and 20mm (2cm) in length.

This is my 2nd pregnancy, ds was born at 39 weeks 8pd 6oz, healthy/normal pregnancy & delivery.

I have lasted 2 weeks since hospital (and receiving steriod shots), am now 34 weeks pregnant, have not had contraction in a week. Although my cervix is now at 3-4cm dilated, cervical length is less than 10mm (1cm).

I have heard of women walking around upto 5cm dilated to term though, crazy right!!

Keep us posted on your progress and rest up xx