Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for January 16, 2012  (Read 8531 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for January 16, 2012
« on: January 16, 2012 at 08:25 AM »
Happy Monday!
I am VERY excited to be attending the launch of the Prematurity Prevention Network, this week in Washington, D.C. Of course I will be sharing any new information I learn, and I plan to make many connections with people who can help our efforts here on KeepEmCookin. The event and the network are being organized by the March of Dimes. You can learn more here: http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/medicalresources_pprc.html

So tell me what is new ladies! What are you looking forward to this week? As always, let us know how many weeks along you are.

Also, I will be at the March of Dimes event on Thursday when we have our regularly scheduled chat at noon. Are any of you available to host the chat? It just involves staying in the chat room from noon until 1 in case anyone wants to talk. Any volunteers?

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat on Tuesday at 2 pm (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

thayasmom

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for January 16, 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
Happy Monday,

So excited to have made it another week.  I will hit 29 weeks on Wednesday!!  Yeah huge accomplishment from the way things were looking 3 weeks ago.  We have a sonogram tomorrow morning, and will finally be finding out the sex of our little peanut!!!  ( this took a lot of whinning on my part to my future hubby, he did not want to know).  Another FFN swab as well tomorrow.  Hoping this one will also come back negative.

Wishing everyone a great week!!!

jillv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM »
I can vividly remember lying in the hospital bed around week 26 and the nurse saying, "watch you be someone that goes full term".  I've now been off bed rest for 3 weeks and our little girl is content staying inside.  I'm 39w1d and growing impatient.  Of course there is guilt associated with that, but after 12 weeks of bed rest and feeling like my life has been in a holding pattern forever, we are so very ready.  I am grateful that we made it this far and don't take for granted the power of bed rest.  My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary yesterday, and we had a hunch that may be our gift but yet another day has passed. 

To all, keep doing what you are doing!  Be grateful for every day and send some positive birthing vibes this way. 

AngelLily03

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM »
35 weeks and still going!  Made trip 13 to L&D last week when I though he was coming, but they were able to slow them down and confirmed I'd stayed dialated to a fingertip and sent us home.  But we are officially on baby watch as my OB said 35/36 due to my previous history of early deliveries.  Still have to stay down and see our PA tomorrow for a check.  So ready to meet litle man here and like others have mentioned ready for my life to be out of this holding pattern its in.  Also terrified as the first real snow storm is moving in...people around here forget how to drive in snow and it takes a few days to remember...meaning for the first one traffic is a mess...absolute mess.  Hoping he either comes before or after the storm hits.

Hang in there everyone!  We were told multiple times that it would be a miracle to make it to 30 and have gone 5 weeks past that.

StephanieNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM »
34 weeks exactly with twins

Happy Monday indeed! 

A little background info- I was admitted to the hospital and placed on bed rest for pre-e on December 22, released on Dec 24 on home bed rest, then I was re-admitted on January 10th.  I will be here until delivery, but as of this morning, that could be this week.  I am 34 weeks today, so I have been on bed rest since about 30 weeks.  Hanging in there and hoping our babies don't have to spend much time in the NICU (we got 2 betamethasone shots during our last hospital stay).  We are meeting with the NICU team today and getting a tour this afternoon.  Eek!  Looking forward to holding my sweet babies soon!  Hang in there girls!!!  You're doing a great job!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012 at 03:24 PM by StephanieNC »

celticmama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM »
26w3d today and just got back home from a dr's appt! Even though I passed the 1 hr GTT 6 weeks ago (they gave it to me early b/c I had GD in 1 of my pregnancies), I had to take it again today.  :P  Prayers and positive vibes for a good result, please, b/c that 3 hr test is a beast and having GD is even worse.

Other than that, both baby and I look great and the MFM said I was making this "too easy" for them! LOL So far, everything looks healthy and normal (baby is 2lb2oz) and we are so grateful for that. :)

~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM »
31 weeks 5 days and holding on for all we are worth but we ARE holding on. Spent basically all last week in the hospital trying to get and keep contractions under control. Got to come home last night but apparently the trip home was a little too much excitement and ended up making a trip back before the night was over. But we caught them early enough that they were under control quickly so no stay this time. Looking forward to things staying calm so we can stay at home.

Jennie20092012

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012 at 02:13 PM »
34weeks and I'm looking forward to going to the doc tomorrow and see what he says since I havent seen my actually doctor since i tested positive two weeks ago for the fetal fibernectin(?) and then being put on bed rest. I've already made it further then i did with my son. I'm just hoping I havent dilated more, when i left the hospital last monday I was at 1 cm and still sitting at a 1cm that tuesday. beginning to feel a tad cursed that I'm just one of those woman who have contractions until my little diva decides to come.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012 at 03:04 PM »
Ladies, be sure to check out the update (and birth announcement) from Bubblegirl214: http://forum.keepemcookin.com/index.php?topic=2253.0

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012 at 03:18 PM »

34 weeks tomorrow.  This is when I delivered my son three years ago- so I'm hoping everything stays calm like it has been.  I've stayed nice and steady for the last three weeks at 1cm dilated.  I had another ffn test done last week, so I'm curious to find out what it was.  (MY last one was positive).  I have another appointment this week to look forward to.  I'm hoping I can talk my doctor into letting me go out to dinner for my birthday  :)
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

sjaz09

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012 at 03:46 PM »
I'm coming up on 33 weeks, it's been 11 since I started bedrest/now mod journey. We had an ultrasound this morning and he is estimated 3lbs. 10 oz. and he's looking good :) I go in on Weds. for our appointment.  Hanging in there :)

Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

KitKat07

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012 at 08:49 PM »
Hi everyone.. just checking in at 33 weeks. I have my last appt with my PERIO tomorrow and my second to last progesterone shot. I'm excited and stressed at the same time. I'm very scared and excited at the same time to meet our son.

Well, wish me luck... good luck ladies!

-KitKat07

NurseShaw86

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012 at 02:42 AM »
Hi all, I turned 31 weeks. yay! I had a transvag ultrasound last week and my cervix is still holding strong at 3.2cm. I continue to get at least 5 or so contractions an hour, but they don't seem to be doing anything so thats good. We are all doing so well ladies, its great to read the updates each week.  :)

Amy

mvp_57

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm at 30 weeks today! My first child was born at 29.5 weeks, so it's a particularly important milestone for me. At my U.S. last week, the perinatologist said that I have a really good chance of making it full term. YAY!!! My cervix has remained closed and long. I attribute it to having the cerclage put it at 13 wks, being on modified bedrest since then, the weekly 17P shots, and of course my wonderful hubby for handling the more strenuous activities involving our 4-yr old. If all continues on this path, my cerclage will be removed on my 36th week. Doc says that only 14% of women deliver within a week of the cerclage removal, but given my history of IC and 20-minute labor, I'm preparing myself for a delivery around that time. I still have to take it easy and have interim goals of reaching 32, then 34 weeks, and so on. But I'm so happy to have made it this far! With each passing day, I grow confident that I will be among those women with a bicornuate uterus who can deliver full term. Fingers crossed!

Wishing everyone a good week!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM »
Our next live chat is TODAY at 2 pm EST. http://keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx