Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for January 30  (Read 6193 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for January 30
« on: January 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM »
Hello, ladies!
What is everyone looking forward to this week? I'm looking forward to my daughter getting her report card today. I asked her what she thought her teach her would say, and she said that her teacher will say she needs to practice her lowercase letters.  ;D I try to take time to treasure milestones like these, just like I did with bedrest. Being a mom is tough work, and you deserve to pat yourselves on the back!

Also, if we have any bedrest graduates checking in today, Case Western Reserve is doing a postpartum study on women who had high-risk pregnancies. If you've delivered within the past 6 months, please answer the short survey here: http://filer.case.edu/~axp335/postpartdep.htm.

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm and Thursdays at noon (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

celticmama

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for January 30
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
28w3d today! Breathing a huge sigh of relief to have made it to the 28 week mark! Praise God!
Met with the gynecological oncologist/hematologist on Friday, and as long as my MFM and the hospital can sync their schedules with his,  it looks like we have a 3/12/12 delivery date! The back-up date would be 3/8/12, which I am resisting b/c it means that the baby would be 33w6d and the NICU "automatic cutoff" is 34w1d; let's give this little guy a chance!

Also, took the 3hr GTT on Saturday and failed.  :( I've only had GD in one other pregnancy and it was no picnic. Plus, it adds an extra burden on the baby when he is born with all the extra needle pricks and testing. I'm trying to remain positive and think about the fact that I will probably lose a little weight before the baby's born!  ;)

Other than that, things are moving along quickly now and the baby is moving all the time. Trying to cherish each day with my littlest man!

Keep cookin', Mamas!
~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

KitKat07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM »
Hi ladies... It's KitKat checking in at 35wks/2days today and I'm over the moon. My friends put on a lovely shower for me this past Sat and I felt so much love, I could just burst... I'm soooo excited... Today I have my second to last Progesterone Shot.

I wish all you ladies a lovely week... and don't forget to KEEPEMCOOKIN!

KitKat07

sjaz09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012 at 01:50 PM »
Hello all. I'll be 35 weeks Thurs. and scheduling my cerclage removal at Weds. appointment. ;D

I am having a bittersweet day. I had two friends give birth (at the same hospital) yesterday! One was a FT 8lb. 9 oz. baby girl and the other were 28 week b/g twins.  I have been upset all day thinking about them. Knowing what is ahead for the babies and their parents my heart aches.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012 at 02:17 PM »
36 weeks tomorrow!  It's so hard to believe that I've made it this far. 
I love being off bed rest, but I have to admit, it's exhausting.  My body is having a hard time keeping up.   :)
I have an appointment on Wednesday so I'm curious to see if being up and about has affected my cervix and how much.
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

lammy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012 at 05:45 PM »
Hi Ladies!  I am 27 +4 (oh so close to 28!!) and doing fine.  Still moderate bedrest for me until I hit 30 weeks...  I am going back to the MFM on Thursday (when I am 28 weeks) and I'm hoping that there's no changes.  My friends from church through me a hospital/maternity leave shower this weekend (since I have pretty much everything I need for the baby) and now I am awash in new books and needlepoint- so thoughtful!
Have a great week everyone-
Laura

mvp_57

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012 at 09:55 PM »
32 weeks today! Woohoo! Scheduled the cerclage removal for late in my 36th week.    Fingers crossed that my baby stays put at least until then!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012 at 08:29 AM »
The next KEC Live Chat is today at noon EST. Join us! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Tbunnie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012 at 09:48 PM »
Hi Everyone!!
I'm 29 wks 1 day today and I am sooo happy that my baby boy is still Cook'n!!  It's still difficult being on bed rest but OH SO WORTH IT!! I had a drs appt. today with my peri (who is also delivering me) and she said that things look good.  She hasn't checked the length of my cervix at the last two appointments but gives ethat test where they swab the cervix and so far is keeps coming back negative.  Does anyone know how accurae those tests are??  I decided to treat myself (and my mom) to pedicures ater the appt today since things are going fine and I've been confined to bed since I was 21 wks.  It felt sooo great.  Several hrs after that I noticed that there was a tiny bit of blood on the toilet paper when I went to potty but not too much.  I frantically called the drs office and they told me that most likely it was caused by the swab of my cervix but to call tomorrow if I needed to.  It stopped so I feel better.  I do know that I will NOT reward myself with any type of outting even if it's just a pedicure, until 34 weeks!  My cerclage comes out at 36 weeks so I have just about 6 weeks of this bed rest to go!!
Good luck ladies and let's all Keepem cookin for as long as possible!!!!!

sugarbear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012 at 07:53 AM »
Almost 29weeks sent to hospital for remainder of pregnacy. cervix shortened to my cercloge stich.  Not doing to well but still cookn.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012 at 10:30 AM »
Oh, Sugarbear. Sorry to hear the bad news about your cervix continuing to shorten. Right now the hospital is the safest place for you and baby, so try to think positively about it. Hopefully you can get things under control. Have you received the steroid shots for lung development? Any contractions?

Mom2Z

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012 at 11:24 AM »
Sugarbear, I don't post much anymore as I'm a graduate, but I wanted to let you know that I was sent to the hospital at 26 weeks as I had shortened to the stitch and was funnelling with twins.  I sat in the hospital for a month with ZERO change...and they sent me home.  I sat on my couch for the next 6 weeks and had ZERO change. They removed my cerclage at 36+5 and I went into labor within the hour.  You can DO THIS.  Just take all the resting very seriously...take the stool softeners, no showers, no getting up...just relax and count off the days.  IJake, Cassidy and I rooting for you!
Janet
Mom to Z born 9/28/07 at 31 wks
Corinne b/d 05/21/10 (IC)
Jake and Cassidy born 8/15/11 after a cerclage and months of bedrest!  Take that IC!