Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to this site  (Read 2179 times)

everhopeful

• View Profile
New to this site
« on: February 07, 2012 at 06:48 AM »
Hi All
I am new to this site and as I am currently on home bed rest . I am delighted to find this site and hope it will help me through the boring days. My story is quite complicated.  I have lost three angels so far.  My first at 17 weeks.  My waters broke without warning and after two weeks in hospital, I lost a little boy.  My second was at 21 weeks whilst on holiday.  I lost my mucas plug (tmi) and by the time I had made it to the hospital, my waters had broke.  I went into labour the following day and lost another little boy. With my third pregnancy, the hospital diagnosed an incompetent cervix and I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks.  The doctors thought that this would be adequate to keep the pregnancy in place and thought bed rest or medication would be unnecessary.  Unfortunately at 24 weeks, I was on a day trip with my husband when I started to get contractions.  We were in the middle of the country and immediately headed for the nearest hospital (approx 1 hour away).  When I got out of the car at the hospital, my waters ruptured completely.  Unfortunately the hospital did not have any neonatal facilities, and as they did not have adequate experience of premature labour and could not get a full measurement of baby (due to the uterus closing around the baby), they made a decision to cut the stitch and let labour proceed without any discussion of steroids, magnesium, resuscitation etc.  Once again I lost a little boy.  After six long years, I fell pregnant with a little girl and I am now 26 weeks 3 days.  I began injecting inohep daily and taking baby aspirin at 8 weeks. At 14 weeks I had a cervical cerclage.  At 16 weeks, I started weekly P17 injections and then due to lots of BH and my cervix shortening to 2cm at 18 weeks, I was started on adelat at 22 weeks.  I also had my steroid injections at 23 weeks 5 days.  For everyday the little one stays put, I am thankful and ever hopeful for success.

Mandyml1

• View Profile
Re: New to this site
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012 at 09:51 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your previous losses.   :-[  It's unfortunate that your doctors were not able to "do more" to prevent your situations, but it sounds like now they are on it.  Having the blood thinner at the beginning, the stitch, the 17p shots, and bed rest...  You know that they are doing EVERYTHING possible to help this little one! 
It's fantastic that you have made it to your 26th week.  It's always a small comfort to know that you have made it past the point of previous losses and that you are that much further and your baby has that much more of a chance to survive. 
Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your progress!

EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

everhopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012 at 03:12 AM »
Hi Mandyml1
Thanks so much for the kind words.  I have found it really helpful reading about others in similar positions.  Sometimes, you can feel very isolated, almost like you are the only one going through it, so whilst I find it very sad to read other stories (although the success stories are amazing), it is nice to know that there are people who genuinely understand what you are going through.  I am thankful foe every single day that baby stays put and I really hope that all of the people on this site, myself included of course get the happiness they so deserve.  I will update regularly and hopefully that will be for a good while yet.

Thanks again for the reply.

AM

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012 at 11:52 PM »
Congrats on 26 weeks and counting! Sounds like you have a wonderful team of caregivers and you are taking every precaution available. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you! Keep us posted...

Angela