Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Glad I found this site!  (Read 2828 times)

jdoll2020

• View Profile
Glad I found this site!
« on: February 07, 2012 at 09:11 AM »
Good morning everyone!  I actually found this site via the nurse in the hospital.  I am currently on my 5th day of hospital bed rest and have hopefully 6 more weeks before our little boy joins us!
I am 39 years old and conceived this child via IVF.  We have had issues..lost 1 at 6 weeks in Jan. of 2011.  (IUI assissted).  This IVF we had 2 babies but lost one to Vanishing Twin Syndrom at 12.5 weeks. 
Thursday while at work, my water broke (27.2 days).  I came to the hospital and they told me I was here until 34 weeks if we can get that far.  I'm not having any contrations and I still had 14 centimeters of fluid around my little one when I came in.  So watching, monitoring, steriods, and antibiotics.  I'm super happy to have you all to read and keep in contact with to make the 6 weeks hospital stay a little more bareable!

I am looking forward to getting to know you and support you!!!
Thanks for reading!!

sjaz09

• View Profile
Re: Glad I found this site!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012 at 09:17 AM »
Welcome!

Wow, what a roller coaster. I had my first daughter at 28 weeks and I am currently pregnant with #2, baby boy. I have been on bedrest since 22 weeks when my cervix shortened and I got a cerclage (stitch) to keep my cervix closed. Tomorrow we are going to have it removed and I will be 36 weeks on Thursday! It is great that you are not contracting and as frustrating as it may be you are where you need to be. My fluids have been "low" and you actually have more than me ( I was 9, but the last few times it measured around 11-12).  This website is a great resource and support.

~Sara
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012 at 09:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that you are in the hospital, but I'd have to agree that you are in the best place.  Hopefully you will make it to 34 weeks, but even if you don't, you have made it past some huge milestones!  28 weeks is the next big one! 
Good Luck and Keep us posted.
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

jdoll2020

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012 at 03:48 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  I'm looking forward to using the site as a way to get though this craziness!  Baby is doing fine and still no contractions..just a little leakage..everything else is looking wonderful.  One more day of anitbiotics and another step in the process can be checked off.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Joanne

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM »
Welcome!  Everyone here is a great support.  Hope everything is still going well and you make it to 34 weeks.