Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: My story, new to site  (Read 2875 times)

Bb3

• View Profile
My story, new to site
« on: February 10, 2012 at 02:58 PM »
Hi everyone.  Iq so happy to find a place to talk with other moms going through similar situations. I am 23 wks 5 days pregnant with my third baby boy. Both of my previous pregnancies resulted in premature births. My first came suddenly at 34 weeks. Luckily he was breech or he might have been born in the car he came so fast. He was able to come home 4 weeks later. Baby boy #2 gave us a bit more of a warning. At 27 weeks I started having lots of contractions, and got started on medications. A week later I ended up in the hospital for a week trying to get the contractions stopped, trying various different drugs. They worked for two additional weeks, and then at 31 weeks I lost my mucas plug and delivered 4 hours later. The hospital I delivered at was not able to handle such an early baby and had to be airlifted to a nearby hospital. I finally met him after I was released four days later. He had a 5 1/2 week hospital stay.  This pregnancy, if you can believe it has been even more eventful already. At 8 weeks I started spotting, at 9 weeks they discovered a thumb nail sized polyp which was causing it. At 13 weeks I darted bleeding even more. Luckily it was still just the polyp, but but it was very scary. At that time they did an ultrasound and checked my cervical length which was only at 2.3. I was then placed on modified bed rest. At 15 weeks my length was down to 1.9 and I was scheduled for a cerclage less than a week later and I was placed on full bed rest.  I also started progesterone shots at 16 weeks. Everything was going well, my length was up to 2.9 again until this week when during the ultra sound the length went from 2.5 to 1.9 in less than a minute. I am hopeful it was just some weird result, but will just have to wait until next week to see.

AngelLily03

• View Profile
Re: My story, new to site
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012 at 06:30 PM »
Welcome and hang in there.  I know how hard it is with kids already at home.  I was down for 10.5 weeks with my little man here with PTL.  I started contracting at 8 weeks and things started to get out of control at 25 when they put me down.  We made it to 35 and he was in the NICU for 9 days.  Good luck, thoughts and prayers are with you.

sjaz09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
Welcome. I hope you are finding the site useful, I can imagine already being a mom of 2 it is pretty stressful. My daughter was born at 28 weeks, I am similar in the fact that I lost my "plug" then had her a few short hours later, it was very fast! This time they saw a significant decrease in my cervical length from 17 to 21 weeks and with my cerclage (which was placed at 22 weeks) it has hovered around 2.1. I am now 36 weeks and I had it removed last week. Along with the progesterone and modified bedrest we have met our goal and now we anxiously await the arrival of our little man. Hang in there.

~Sara

Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM »
Welcome.  I hope things calm down and are a little less eventful for the rest of your pregnancy.  Hopefully the last cervical length was just a fluke and you will have a better number at your next check.  Hang in there!

Bb3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012 at 03:05 PM »
Had another doctors appointment today. CL was stable at 2.3 so we are staying the course for now. 24 weeks down and hopefully 13 to go.

emiliek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012 at 05:17 PM »
Welcome!  I'm new here too - today's my first day and I'm also pregnant with my 3rd boy (20 weeks, 2 days).  Sorry to hear things have been so stressful.  I think the stress sometimes is worse, the worrying, the analyzing ever pain or twinge or thing, wondering if "something" is happening.  The bleeding would only compound that.  Glad to hear the CL is stable.  Hope all goes well and this little guy just chills out for you!