Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Looking for some support! 26+1 day in hospital since 24w!  (Read 2211 times)

ValentinaCastilla

• View Profile
Looking for some support! 26+1 day in hospital since 24w!
« on: February 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM »
Hiiii everybodyyy, I am so excited to be part of this amazing forum!!! I have been waiting for my approval for a couple of days and now here I amm yayyy! Here is my story: I am mother of a sweet 3year old and pregnant with my second! Today I am 26 weeks and 1 day, my due date is 18 may and I am in the hospital since 1feb! My cervix is shortening and I am 3cm dilated and 50% enffaced! I was in Labor last week and they got to stop my contractions and I got 2 shots of steroids for my baby girl! I am no longer on magnesium or any kind of medicine besides 17p injections once a week! I miss my baby boy, my dog, my house and my friends!!! My husband has been sleeping at the hospital with me and we are praying to keep her inside as long as possible! I am so scared and so affraid of losing her :(
“I believe that everything happens for a reason.People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right,you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself,and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"

Mandyml1

• View Profile
Re: Looking for some support! 26+1 day in hospital since 24w!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012 at 02:09 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that you are in the hospital.  It's nice that you are no longer on mag or other meds besides the p-17.  Since they have been able to stop the labor are they planning on letting you go home for bed rest?  I know it is hard with a little one at home- hopefully he will be able to visit you often.  (My three year old even stayed all night at the hospital with my husband one night).  Keep up the great attitude!  You can do this.   
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

emiliek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012 at 05:21 PM »
I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be hospitalized with a little one at home. I was on strict bedrest with my 2nd (my oldest was about 15 months at the time) and it was horrible.  Easier said than done, but just trying to remain positive and relax as much as you can.  I had a mantra I repeated about a million times a day "happy, healthy, full term baby" every time worry or doubt would creep in.  Right now that happy, healthy, full term baby just turned 3 and is driving me nuts right now as I'm trying to type.  Don't think about the bad, the scary, the worse case scenario - focus on holding that healthy little girl in your arms in 11 or more weeks.  Again, easier said than done, but I find it's better to focus your energy on the good over the bad. 

JaydeMama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012 at 12:22 PM »
Hi there.
 My names Jayde. I also recently joined after being put on hospital bed rest and have a 3yr old at home. I am 25w1d. I was home on minor bedrest since 20.5 wk after my high risk Dr. found I have a dynamic cervix that measured as short as 1.8. At my 23 wk appointment I was sent to L&D with no measurable cervix, 1 cm dialation, the bag being palpable with pressure. They were pretty certain I was going to go into labor, however I didn't. I stayed in the hospital for 1wk and 1 d and now have been home for 1 wk and 2 d. After no palpable pressure or dialation and a round of rescue steroids (just in case) my Dr.s decided they were not going to do anything I couldn't do at home. And now here I lay.
 I totally understand what its like to be in a hospital room with limited outside interactions, so please feel free to message me if you wanna talk. I LOVE the mantra idea. I do a lot of visualizing: I imagine my baby girl being in the middle of a huge flower with its peddles wrapping around her keeping her safely in. I know it sounds looney, but when ever I find myself in a negative place or lonely, it really does help.
 It sounds like things are looking up since last week. Have you had any more labor symptoms? It's wonderful they took you off the mag sulf. How are you sleeping. I found benedryl on the nights that Im exceptionally sleepless is AMAZING. Theres such a difference between sleeping and healthy rest. It helps so much with holding a positive frame of thought.
Mother of 3y boy and cookin a 24 week girl, on strict hospital bed rest for an incompitent cervix. Has the superhusband and is soooo thankful of him <3