Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Jalen Michael is here!! 36w 4 days  (Read 2751 times)

sjaz09

• View Profile
Jalen Michael is here!! 36w 4 days
« on: February 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM »
Following my cerclage removal at 35 w 6 days, I have had it in my head that I wasn't going to go to the hospital for "false labor" and be sent home, so over the weekend I endured contractions (every 5-15 min.) but because they weren't "regular" I refused to go in. Then on Monday morning, as I lay in bed debating getting up, I had a sudden sharp pain and my water broke. Yes! Exactly what I wanted. I was 36 w 4 days.

By the time we got our daughter Haley to daycare and drove in rush hour traffic it was just after 8 am when we arrived at the hospital. I was assessed and 3cm 70 % eff. and they moved me to my suite. Just before 10 am I asked for an epidural and it took them almost an hour to get there. The first anesteologist tried it 2 times, the first time he hit a blood vessel, so he started over and tried again, the second time he said he couldn't be sure so he called the attending to inspect. He decided he wanted to do it AGAIN. So for the third time they tried it, by now it was after 11:30. Since I had been in some serious pain during all this (I took well over an hour) I asked to be checked for dilation, they checked and low and behold I was fully dilated! They let me "rest" for a little bit so I could be active in the pushing and I delivered like 45 min. later at 12:26.

So Jalen is here. He weighs 5lbs. 8 oz. and has been doing well. NICU was called for his blood sugar and body temp. concerns, but knowing how badly we want to keep him and have the "normal" experience they are doing everything in room for now.   :D

My husband and I are in shock yet again, and absolutely feel like first time parents again. He just spit up and we both freaked out. It took me a minute to be like um, he's not destating, turning blue and there are no monitors beeping, he's just fine.

Thanks for all your well wishes and support during my 15 weeks of bedrest!
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Jalen Michael is here!! 36w 4 days
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM »
Ahhhhhh! I'm shrieking I'm so happy for you! I am SO glad that your water broke so you new FOR REAL it was time. Sounds like delivery sure had its challenges, but at least you can say you've been through natural childbirth.  ;)

Sending positive thoughts for Jalen's blood sugar and temperature to normalize. Lots of skin-on-skin snuggles and nursing will surely help. Big hugs to all!
--Angela

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM »
I think one word will cover it.

Congratulations!!! 

EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

celticmama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012 at 01:19 PM »
Congratulations!!!! ;D
~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

lammy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012 at 07:50 PM »
Wow- what a wonderful story!  Congratulations!!!  How awesome that the nurses are letting you room in with him instead of treating him in the NICU!!!  Enjoy your son...

AngelLily03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012 at 03:46 PM »
Congrats!!!!  So happy for you and your family!