Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for February 20  (Read 6183 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for February 20
« on: February 20, 2012 at 07:49 AM »
Happy Monday!
I've noticed several new members on the Forum over the last couple of days. Please help them to feel welcome, ladies!

So what's new? Any appointments this week? What else are you looking forward to? It is so important to have things to be excited about it to help keep you motivated. I hope each of you will schedule something this week to look forward to. For example: a dinner with someone special, have a great friend bring you lunch, ask someone to finally take care of that thing around the house that has been driving you crazy but you just haven't been able to ask. You are special, and you are important. Don't hesitate to ask for the care and attention you need.  ;D Much love to all!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm and Thursdays at noon (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Mandyml1

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for February 20
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM »
I had my sweet little baby on Friday, Feb 17!  He weighed 6.15lbs and 19 in long.   We did not know if we were having a boy or girl...  This delivery comes at a difficult time with our family.  My MIL passed away on Wed and we had been making funeral arrangements when our little one decided to arrive.  I will try to post a "birth story" in the next couple of days. 

Keep up all the hard work ladies.  He is so worth everything!
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

unchangingjenny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012 at 03:47 PM »
Dr appt was today. I am 33 weeks and 3 days! Whoo! Cervical length was 2.4 so it shortened slightly but not too major. Had ultrasound today and I am pleased to report they believe Mr. Brody is approx. 5 lbs 1 oz.!!! yay!!! Dr seemed pretty pleased and wants to see me back in 2 weeks. Cant wait until I get to see my baby boy. US tech said that he has a lot of hair on his head. So exciting!

Newbie422

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012 at 03:55 PM »
Hello, first off a huge congrats to Mandyml1!  I'm also sorry to hear of your family's loss.

I'm new to the group.  I'm 31 weeks along and have been on bed rest since Dec 15 because of a shortened cervix.  All and all it's been going well, but as I'm sure you all know it gets lonely at times with everyone else living their own lives and you're stuck in bed.  I have bi-weekly appointments to check my cervical length, next one on Thursday.  I'm positively taking it one week at a time  :)

Something to look forward to?  That's a great idea! I've been dying for a pedicure. My fiancé has all of the supplies here, but hasn't gotten around to it.  I'll make an appointment with him this week. LOL

Take care everybody!

celticmama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012 at 04:00 PM »
Congrats to Mandy and I am so sorry for the loss of your MIL; a very bittersweet time in your lives, I'm sure.

Today I'm 31w4d and going strong! Started my weekly NSTs last Wed and will continue until I deliver 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY! I can hardly believe it! ;D

Managing my reactive hypoglycemia hasn't been too difficult, but I have had a couple of blood sugar crashes that felt awful. Learning what foods work best for me.

Keep cookin' Mamas!
~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

Bb3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012 at 06:16 PM »
Hi everyone, 25 weeks yesterday!  Today I found out that I have a bladder infection. It seems like there is always something new going on.  This week I am looking forward to a visit from my parents for the weekend. It will be nice to have someone else around to talk to, and give my husband a break.

Shelly

lammy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012 at 09:50 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am happy to be reporting in at 30 + 4 and counting! This is a big week for me as I am being admitted on Wednesday for an in patient stay. I received my betamethisone shots this weekend and feel mentally ready.  I am so anxious though and am heartsick about leaving my kids. But, I do feel like it is the safest place for me. And maybe the real rest in the hospital will keep this kiddo cooking!  I had DS at 32 wks and DD at 33 wks so I feel like I am in crunch time... I hope to continue working from the hospital (technology permitting) which will hopefully fill the time.
Good luck to all of you! And Mandy, congratulations and my thoughts are with you. I lost my father on my DD's 1st birthday and I know how hard it is to balance the emotions of new life and loss.  I'll be thinking of you, your husband and family...
Laura

sugarbear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM »
Checkn in 31weeks today on hopspital bedrest since Jan 31st. 4 weeks to go and my cercloge comes out may get to go home then or it could be baby time! still cookn

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM »
Hey, ladies! Don't miss our live chat today at 2 pm Eastern! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

mommy_mallory

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012 at 05:42 PM »
I'm home from a 3 week stay in the hospital! 35+2 with my identical twins girls! Staying strong and hoping for another week and a half!!!

thayasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012 at 02:12 PM »
Finally hit the 34 week mark!!  Wooohoooo!  Went to the Dr. today, and am not dialated to a 1.  Up till now I was closed.  She didn't seem to worreid about this.  I also asked if I could start doing small things around the house, and she agreed!!!  Huge bonus!!!!!  But I am to still be on bedrest.  Got myy induction scheduled for 38 weeks.  So my beautiful angel will be here in less than 4 weeks, or earlier.  The 9 weeks of bedrest. Have made such a huge difference.  Even though it is soooo hard, I know its all worth it.

Brandi

Lilliput

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012 at 09:14 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and this is day 8 of bedrest for me.  I am having twins (gender surprise) and went in to hospital last Friday early for a shortened cervix and contractions.  After 3 days I was stable and they sent me home for bedrest at home for the duration of my pregnancy.  I'm 26 weeks 3 days, and praying I'll stay out of hospital but carry to term.  But I'll do what it takes for my little ones...