Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: My baby boy is here.... born at 31 weeks 1 day  (Read 2301 times)

Tbunnie

• View Profile
My baby boy is here.... born at 31 weeks 1 day
« on: February 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM »
Well.... I was on bed rest from December 9th until my baby boy was born at 31 weeks 1 day on February 14th.  One week before I went into labor, i went to the hospital with what I thought was either contractions, constipation, or a UTI.  It turned out that I was having contractions.  L&D was able to stop them with Magnesium and a few other drugs. (I can't think of the names).  I ended up staying in the hospital.  I was given a steroid shot in both "cheeks".  I had started to feel better and my doctor was going to send me home.  On Sunday, Feb 12th I started having that cramping constipation feeling again.  The nurses all told me that I was indeed constipated and began giving me stool softeners.  On Monday I was in agony.  I even told the nurses that I was about to walk down to the emergency room because there was no way that I should be in this much pain AND be in the hospital.  The day and night nurse both told me that over and over again that all I needed was to take a "poop".  I didn't sleep a wink that night.  My poor husband and mother felt so bad for me because I really thought I was going to die.  It turns out that the next morning at 7 am I could only cry and beg for them to help me because I was in sooo much pain.  The darn nurse FINALLY checked me and immediately gasped and said that I was dilated.  My husband was walking down the hall with flowers in hand (since it was valentines day) and a nurse told him that I was in Labor.  My pernatologist arrived and 8am.  She told me that I would probably deliver. A few minutes later she said that  she "could see his hair".  I ended up delivering my beautiful son at 9:09am.  I had no drugs or anything because APPARENTLY I had been in labor the day and night before and it only took 3 pushes and he was out.  THANK GOD he is doing great.  No brain bleeds and all test came back great.  He is in the NICU and will probably have to be there for 5 weeks.  I love him SOOOOO much.  I am soo happy to be off bed rest and really wish that I'd been able to keep him in for at least another month.  I truly believe those nurses I had the day and night before my sons birth are the reason why I delivered.  According to them the contraction machine didn't pick up on my contractions???? REALLY.  I think about pursuing the issue but I spend all my time with my baby in the NICU and am just so happy that he is OK.  I never thought I could love someone sooo much.

mvp_57

• View Profile
Re: My baby boy is here.... born at 31 weeks 1 day
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012 at 02:49 PM »
Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with such pain b/c they didn't bother to check if you were going through labor. Nuts! But congratulations on your baby boy. Glad to hear he's doing well. Keep us posted on his milestones in NICU and best wishes for a swift homecoming!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012 at 08:21 AM »
Hi, Tbunnie! How's your little guy been doing the past week? Thinking about you both!

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012 at 02:30 AM »
Sorry about your experience but so happy to hear your lil one is doing well!!! Isn't it amazing how much you love them! My son is 6 months and I squeeze him and tell him I love him about 100 times a day!!

How are you doing??