Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for February 27  (Read 4695 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for February 27
« on: February 27, 2012 at 08:19 AM »
Hi, ladies!

Our family is under attack from the stomach bug that's been going around the last several weeks. I've been sleeping on the bathroom floor with the kids. Luckily (amazingly?) I haven't caught the bug, but I am so very tired. Reminds me of how tough getting a good night's rest was when pregnant. Insomnia can be common in pregnancy, but personally I think it is worse when you're on bedrest, due to inactivity and taking naps during the day. The best advice I can recommend is a regular sleep schedule (with no naps or just a 20-minute one) and a big body pillow. Any other advice ladies?

And, as always, let us know how many weeks you are this week. Looking forward to your updates!

Also, there's no Thursday chat this week, so be sure to come out for the Tuesday chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat Tuesdays at 2 pm: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

celticmama

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for February 27
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012 at 01:45 PM »
Hi Ladies! 32w4d today! Hard to believe that my little guy will be born just 2 weeks from today!  ;D   We're fighting a nasty head/chest cold here for the last few weeks and it's really getting annoying now! LOL

Today is my dh's birthday and I am SO looking forward to our family members coming over for pizza and cake that it's almost pathetic! Social interaction at any level is exciting when you're on bed rest! ;)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

Ainsley_4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012 at 03:42 PM »
Hi ladies! I am now 34 weeks and 3 days and still hanging in there. It feels like my body is about done. Been having false labour contractions the past few nights for hours on end. Hoping to make it as long as I can but I feel good knowing we will soon be 35 weeks and baby has had the steroid shots. Was in the hospital over the weekend and it looks like they are no longer going to stop my labour once it actually happens. I am slowly starting to do a bit more. Still spending most of the day on the couch or in bed but I actually left the house today to take my daughter to her dance class! At the start of bed rest I was really missing doing the everyday things like cooking and laundry (lame I know) but in the last few days I have been so tired I really couldn't care less! I have a month left till my c section date...I wonder how much longer I will make it???

sugarbear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM »
Checkn in 32weeks today. still on hospital bed rest 4weeks down 2 weeks to go and cercloge comes out. got steriod shot today and 1 in the morning. still cookn

mvp_57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM »
36 weeks today! YAY! Last 17P shot tomorrow and cerclage removal on Thurs. Fighting a cold and having difficulty sleeping these days, but all's well. Wishing everyone a good week!

thayasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Checking in at 35 weeks (tomorrow)!! Getting so excited knowing only one more week of bedrest.  I switch my blood thinners on Friday to one that can be reversed if I go into labor before my inducion.  I'm getting so big I am now very uncomfortable and can't sleep.  But this will all be worth in within a month. 

Hope everyone continues to have a great week.

Brandi

Newbie422

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM »
Checking in at 32w3d!!  I'm so happy, doctor's were sure I wouldn't make it this far.  Sorry to hear a few of you are under the weather. My 8 year old had a stomach bug last Friday, I managed to dodge it.  The afternoon nap is so hard to avoid LOL but I definitely pay for it at night.  Must....do....better.  I started working from home again today, I'm very thankful my doctor agreed to let me.  The distraction of work is welcomed.  Hope everybody has a great week.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM »
Had to share this experience with all you mama warriors:

My Little Guy was having a minor spaz out at the grocery store today when a woman struck up a conversation with me. She told me she has 10 living children, 10 grandchildren and 20 great grandchildren. At 80-plus years old she was very well put together, still fit, and completely sound of mind. My takeaway? Motherhood IS survivable (even with all the stress, and frustration, and sleepless nights), and you can come out on the other side kickin' ass.  ;D

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012 at 02:37 AM »
Way to go ladies!!!! Keep up the great work! Everyone at work is sick and I am doing my best to make sure I don't get sick or pass it along to the dh or lo. Hope everyone is doing well! Sorry I was unable to make the chat today. Working tonight and I was sleeping. Hope everyone is well!!! Hang in there! Can't wait to hear about more positive birth stories:)

Love to everyone!!!!

Taya

lammy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012 at 05:51 PM »
Hi everyone-
I am a bit late this week to check in.  I am officially 32 weeks today!  I am in the hospital and have been here for 8 days.  So far so good.  I really can't complain as my hospital is so nice and everyone working with me is great.  As expected, the worst part is missing my children.  They come frequently and they love the hospital- they love the "room service" and ice cream.  also, they've come a few times for dinner and bath and they love the shower here and having me bathe them.  We are making do and I hope to be here another week at least!
I had an U/S yesterday and my cervix is stable (!!!).  My son came at 32 weeks so making it to today is a huge emotional hurdle.  My daughter came at 33 weeks so that's my next goal... 
I hope everyone is hanging in there.  Any other hospital BR mommies out there?
Take care-
Laura