Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 2021 times)

Mcentire

• View Profile
New to the site
« on: February 24, 2012 at 09:30 PM »
I'm new to the site. We are 26 weeks 5 days and luckily at home on bedrest for now. We have  been blessed with 3 children 7,5, and 2. The last 2 were hard to get here, but are healthy and thriving. We spent 14 weeks on bedrest with #2, delivered at 37 weeks 1 day due to IC. I had a cerclage with#3 at 14 weeks and was complication free until 30 weeks, I got an upper respiratory infection coughed and my water broke. I spent 1 week with ruptured membrane in the hospital on i.v. Antibiotics and our son was born at 31 weeks. He spent 21 days in the NICU. It was miraculous how little intervention he needed, steroids are amazing! So this time around I got another cerclage and was put on the p17 injection regiment. The first trimester was scary, spotting etc. and then things seemed to clear up and we began to breath a little easier, until 3 weeks ago. I have been having some contractions and at my sonogram some funneling was noticed. I went to the peri and everything looked pretty good. My cervical length was 4.2 and our baby girl was perfect. We went back last week and all of the sudden things are crazy. My cervical length is 2.8, I'm funneling much more, the baby is measuring in the 11 th percentile and her cord pressure is slightly elevated. So now I am on strict bed rest, meds to stop contractions, and waiting until Wednesday to know our fate for the week. My 3 children are holding up,but lots of tears. Change is so difficult for them. Of course I'm going bonkers not being able to care for them. I know how important it is to stay in this bed, my daughter is proof that bed rest can make all the difference, but it is terribly hard.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

JacErnst

• View Profile
Re: New to the site
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012 at 09:34 PM »
Congrats on getting to 26 weeks!!!

I hated bedrest, but it was worth it. I had IC and funneling at 21 weeks.

I totally understand going bonkers. I started to crochet and knit again while on BR. You can find any stitch you want to learn on youtube and you can make things for the baby. or other babies too.

I'm glad you found us!!! this is a great support and kept me sane during BR. Keep up the great cooking!!!!

Blessings,

Jac

momma to babE Gray - 11 weeks in bed, born 32 weeks - now a year old and doing amazing!!
www.babeblessings.com
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

Mcentire

• View Profile
Good idea
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012 at 11:16 PM »
I did a lot of crochet when I was on bed rest with my daughter,I think it might be time to get some one to dig it out for me.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17