Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: I had a Leap Day Baby!!  (Read 1918 times)

celticmama

• View Profile
I had a Leap Day Baby!!
« on: March 01, 2012 at 09:23 AM »
William Luke was born yesterday (2/29/12) at 8:11am!!! He was 32w5d and weighed 5lbs 1oz and was 17in long! I ended up having another partial uterine rupture AND the placenta was beginning to detach, so it was great that they got him out so quickly. He is in NICU on clap (but O2 is at room air level!) and they gave him some surfactant which helped him immensely. He and I are doing well and he is so stinking cute!!!
Thanks to everyone for the support and prayers; please continue to pray for Baby Will and his great doctors and nurses.
~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)

mvp_57

• View Profile
Re: I had a Leap Day Baby!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012 at 05:32 PM »
Congratulations! Glad to hear that you and Baby Will are safe.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012 at 10:06 PM »
What a day to be born! I've been keeping Little William in my thoughts and prayers for so long and will continue to. I'm so relieved to hear he had a safe arrival with the speedy C-section. How are you doing? How is your recovery going?

celticmama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012 at 08:13 PM »
Thanks!  Leaving hospital tomorrow and sweet baby Will has to stay. :( This is the worst part; well, that and playing the very indefinite NICU game. I will post the full story as soon as I can. My recovery is going great.
~Mary Kate~
Happily married to Kyle for 17 years
Blessed to be Mama to:
Killian 16, Joe 13, Maeve 11, Jack 9, Eamon 4, Faith 2, & our 3 saints in Heaven (2 m/c and our full-term baby born still, Fiona May).
Happily awaiting our latest blessing with a EDD of 4/23/12 (del. date 3/12/12)