Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: "pinching feeling" with a cerclage?  (Read 11097 times)

sjaz09

• View Profile
"pinching feeling" with a cerclage?
« on: January 09, 2012 at 08:46 AM »
This is a question for my friends with (or who have had) a cerclage...

My cerclage has been in for about 10 weeks now... I was wondering if anyone experiences a "pinching" feeling? I notice, especially when I am up and about, that I have this sharp pain "down there". I can even feel it when I move my legs while sitting. I would rate it a 4-5 on a pain scale from one to ten, nothing crazy but enough that it's noticeable and uncomfortable.

I'm not scheduled to go in this week for a check but I was in L&D about 2 weeks ago, they did an internal and said that the cerclage was stable. I guess at my next appt. I will have them check again?

Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

bubblegirl214

• View Profile
Re: "pinching feeling" with a cerclage?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012 at 01:40 PM »
Hi there! I had a cerclage for most of my pregnancy and I remembering having some feelings down there where I was wondering if it was a specific feeling coming from the cerclage. I don't remember exactly what I felt but I don't think I felt anything too painful or consistent. I'd recommend calling your OB and just checking with them if that's something you should be concerned about. They may have you come in and get checked, but it's better that you are safe and assured than in a difficult spot. I remember the most important sign that something was wrong with the cerclage is bleeding, so if you aren't having bleeding, it might just be a pregnancy thing, but it's better to ask. I'll also ask my friend who had a cerclage last year and let you know if she remembers anything about it! Hope that helps a little!

Tbunnie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM »
HI :) I also have this same feeling.  I'm 26 weeks (tomorrow) and had my cerclage put in at 21 weeks (about a month and a week ago).  I also went to L&D about 2 weeks after and the nurses said my cerclage was stable.  When I went in for my appointment last week (about a month after the cerclage) I told my peri that I think it was coming out because of that pinching feeling.  After I was checked I was told that the cerclage is hold very well and the feeling may be due to the fact that my baby is getting bigger and things are stretching down there.  I still feel it at times though.  When I go in for my appointment they also swab my cervix to see if I may go into labor in the next two weeks.  So far all those tests have come out negative, thank goodness!!!!

sjaz09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM »
That's great!

Yeah, I have noticed as I/he gets bigger it's still there and I know he is very "low" so I'm sure it's just a little tension. Sounds like you are moving along nicely, are you on mod. bed rest?  I will be 32 weeks and they still want me to lay low until I get it out at 36.  I get bummed thinking that's another month, but then I realize that it's been 10 weeks already and I don't want to get so close and then do something to mess it up at this point.

Hang in there  ;)
Mommy to Haley (gest. 28 week 1 day) born June 2009.
Hoping for a healthy Baby Boy due March 8, 2012; Bedrest @ 22 weeks for IC

ABig30

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012 at 09:10 PM »
I remember feeling that "pinching" feeling, uncomfortable enough to go to L&D.  They checked me and all was well.  My Doc said it was completely normal to feel it occassionally, worse when your LO moves in certain positions.
Bedrest on July 14, 2011  (17 weeks)for incompetent cervix and cerclage.
Off bedrest on November 8, 2011 (34 weeks)
Mom to beautiful baby girl Amélie born on November 22, 2011 (36 +4)

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM »
Yup - it is called lightning crotch - and they say it's normal. I had it and it drove me nuts.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!