Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: new to website, here is my story  (Read 1982 times)

abby

• View Profile
new to website, here is my story
« on: March 04, 2012 at 04:27 PM »
My Name is Abby and am currently 27W 5D with twin boys, my first pregnancy.  Twins were a total surprise with no fertility drugs or family history.  We just got lucky.  Been on bedrest since 24 weeks.  Have had a couple of hospital stays since we found out that I was having problems.  Cervix is currently 1.95, but has been holding there the last 4 weeks.  On progesterone, as well as nifedipine for continuous contractions.  Hospital stays have only resulted in the painful shots in the arm to stop contractions, and did one round of steroid shots for the babies just in case.  Good news is that I have big babies.  They are measuring 12 days ahead of schedule and are both over 3lbs, plus everything has been quiet the last two weeks.  Spent valentines day in the hospital and haven't been back since.  Bedrest is really getting me down.  I was still going to the gym every other day until the day I went in for what I thought were BH Contractions.  I miss walking and being active, plus I was an avid weight lifter and sitting here watching my weight actually drop due to loss of muscle has been depressing.  I've only  gained one pound in four weeks.  I had to leave work with no notice and with very little training to the person taking over for me.  I work in community pharmacy as the manager and when I go to pick up my scripts I can see my store sinking.  I just try to focus on the babies.  Although it is modified bedrest, I can't imagine all of you out there on complete or hospital bedrest.  I know how hard it must be to stay strong during such a tough and emotional time.  It is great to find this website and see all the mothers to be out there that are in the same situation as me.  Look forward to chatting with some of you. 
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

twins

• View Profile
Re: new to website, here is my story
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012 at 09:13 AM »
I am a bed rest  graduate - I did three months total!  Hang in there - our stories are similar with the twins and shortening cervix.  The twins are five months now and they were worth every month horizontal!  Also, I know everyone says this, but once they are here the bed rest will seem
like a distant memory!
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!