Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: bed rest or bed arrest??  (Read 4938 times)

Rosa

• View Profile
bed rest or bed arrest??
« on: March 08, 2012 at 10:27 PM »
  hi everyone! How about we start calling it bed arrest? Call a spade a spade!? Maybe we won't have to hear any more condescending comments that we just have to take it easy, 'all' we have to do is lie in bed all day...

Sorry, i'm just bored! Thought of t bed arrest re-naming after trying to explain it all to my sister who is a career minded workaholic and doesn't even get 'what's t problem anyway?' ::)
first pregnancy, IC - due to Lletz in 2010?
progesterone pessaries since wk 22 - cervix 1.6cm
bedarrest since wk 24 - cervix measure 1.4cm
hospital strict bedarrest at wk 26 - cervix 8mm
back at home, strick bedarrest since week 28 - cervix 1cm
cervix dilated 2cm at week 35

threacatcher

• View Profile
Re: bed rest or bed arrest??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012 at 11:34 PM »
Rosa I think I love that! Oh man... That just made my night AMAZING! The first day or two is rest I think. After that(especially if you aren't on moderate bedrest) it really is arrest. I know last time I was on bedrest(26 week long arrest. ugh) it definitely felt like arrest. My mom had to pack up my whole apartment and move us. The one thing I missed was daily showers. It's amazing though how much bed arrest can make you change your perspective on the little things.
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

tessa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM »
I like Bed Arrest! I will be calling it that from now on. That's how It feels.

flowerchica

• View Profile
    • I've started blogging my PCOS/Infertility/IVF/Incompetent Cervix Battle
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012 at 05:32 PM »
Bed arrest is pretty accurate - but with one correction - modified bed rest sucks too. Even if you get to take showers and the occasional stroll to the toilet - it's incredibly mind numbing.
My infertility warrior blog
Graduated from 104 days of bedrest. My IVF Baby girl born in July 2011 perfectly healthy @ 39w2d, 8lb9oz and 21 inches. 6 years of infertility battles have been overcome!

lammy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM »
I have to agree. I'm in my almost 3rd week of hospital bedrest I feel like I'm in jail!  This is the hardest thing I've endured with my kids and I think bed arrest is the perfect term for how I'm feeling...  Good luck ladies!

ginger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM »
I have been on bed rest in my first pregancy from 21weeks to 34weeks and coped better then I do now..... 2nd pregancy same issue as my 1st pregancy.... even though this time a preventative cerclage was fitter my IC cervix came down to 1.3cm and funneling...ARGH!!.... I guess the difference is that i have now a child at home I miss terribly as before all I had to focus on was getting him to full term!! Which I did btw!!
So even though i feel like it is this time around it is BED ARREST I am still hoping for the same outcome. I should really be more greatfull as our 1st son was IVF and this little fella is a natural pregancy. Maybe I feel bit upset as I know what to expect this time round for the next 16 weeks.... BED ARREST!!!  ::)