Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 19  (Read 6938 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 19
« on: March 19, 2012 at 08:40 AM »
Who's still cookin'? Any deliveries last week? Any St. Patrick's Day babies? What do you ladies have planned for this week to help pass the time?

Also, if you have any shopping to do on Amazon, please click the Kindle Fire link at the top of any page to get to the Amazon website. When you do, Amazon will give 6% of the purchase price of whatever you buy to KeepEmCookin. KeepEmCookin is self-funded, meaning I pay for hosting and maintaining this site out of my own pocket. I'm happy to do it, of course, but every contribution helps!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm  (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

gnat24

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 19
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012 at 08:42 AM »
I posted this on the What's your Story thread, but I'm hoping to be here a while, so I thought I would post here as well!

Hello to all of the lovely ladies here!  I can't say that I'm happy to be here, but I'm glad I've found a place where there is so much support and positivity!

Here is my story -
I am 31, with a 22 month old ball of energy named Jackson.  I had a very normal pregnancy with him and delivered vaginally after being induced at just over 39 weeks.  I am expecting my second boy, due 7/29 and hoping and praying he stays put until at least 7/1.

I found out at my anatomy scan that my cervix was 2.4cm, I was 18 weeks.  My doctor told me not to worry because I had such a "wonderful history" as she put it, and maybe a cervix that length was just normal for me.  I was rechecked this past week at 20 weeks, and my cervix was down to 1.3cm.  After a 5 hour appointment that same day with a perinatologist, they sent me home on bed rest with Crinone 8% once a day.  According to my doctor, who is supposed to be one of the best in her field, the progesterone is more beneficial than a cerclage in my situation, however I feel like something more should be done, but what do I know?

I don't go back for another appointment until 3/30, and every time I get out of bed I feel like I am going to lose this baby.  I am trying really hard not to get attached to him, but he is kicking away all day and all night, and just yesterday I could see my belly moving - I can't help but fall in love with him. 

My regular OB says that I will be lucky if I get to 28 weeks, and she doesn't even seem hopeful that I will get to viability.  I am 21 weeks, one day with a long way to go.  The perinatologist wants to try to get me to 32 weeks.  I just want to bring home a healthy boy.

I had to take a leave from my insanely high stress job, so maybe that will slow things down for me a bit.  There has been a lot of activity around me the last few days, so I haven't felt all that isolated yet, we just moved this past weekend so I've spent the last few days telling people where to put things and talking with friends.  But I know the loneliness and helplessness is coming.  My husband works over an hour away, and usually I pick up my son from daycare.  Now with his late hours and the way traffic is, I will only be seeing my son for about 2 hours a day, and I can't even give him his nightly bath.

I think for me that will be the worst part, he is so much fun and so active, and I can throw him around or dance around the living room with him.  I have 3 full weeks to go before this baby even has a chance of surviving, and I truly hope the outcome will be all worth it.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the novel!
Mom to Jackson 22 months, on bed rest since 3/14 with baby boy number 2, due 7/29/2012

unchangingjenny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012 at 02:27 PM »
Hi all! Little Brody was delivered at 8:47 pm Sat. 3/17... Our little irish baby's birth weight was 6 lbs 7 oz and he is 20 inches long. He is doing well, at first he was not wanting to cry after the first squeal so they called in the NICU girls to check him out in case they needed to do anything but they said he was nice and pink and decided he didnt need anything. They checked me out after everything and said I didnt have any type of repairs. I ended up having to have the epideral because after multiple hours of contractions they were getting pretty severe. Luckily, even though I have scoliosis it worked wonders. =)

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012 at 03:18 PM »
Congrats!!! And a big welcome to Brody! What a great size. So happy you made it to 37 weeks. Great job, Mom!

Our pal Laura over on KEC Facebook also delivered on St. Patrick's Day: https://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin

abby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012 at 04:32 PM »
Will be 30 weeks with the twins tomorrow.  Go in Thursday for my fourth ffn test, which I hope is again negative.  Spending lots of time reading outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine.  Two weeks to go, and I will be released from jail, or so my doctor said.  I can't wait to get out of the house more and to just walk to the end of the street and back. 
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012 at 05:09 PM »
We are 30 weeks 1day today (4 weeks on bedrest as of tomorrow) and still cookin :-) ;D
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

thayasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM »
Hi all,

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, and still cooking.  It is so weird that after 10 weeks of bedrest and daily meds for preterm labor, that once I hit 36 weekks, and could get up and not take anymore med she stays put.  Hopefully she will grace us with her presence very soon.  Her big sister is so anxious to meet her. Everyday that I pick her up from school now, she isn't happy to see me because that means her sister is still in my belly.  According to her though her sister will be here on Sunday.

Wishing all the mommies the best.  Bedrest is one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I know shortly it will all be worth it. 

Brandi

threacatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM »
Welcome baby Brody! I love that name!

I am still here. I turn 12 weeks tomorrow. I called my Doctor yesterday because after 2 weeks I am still spotting and cramping. I accidently told the nurse off when she said I should consider bedrest and pelvic rest. I am a very firm believer in treat the nurses nicely, and they will treat you nicely as well. I just couldn't stand being talked down to, when she didn't even read my chart. Needless to say, she transferred me to my doctor. Haha. Bedrest isn't that big of a deal to me. I was on bedrest for 26 1/2 weeks last year with my sweet daughter. This time, I am only supposed to be on it for another week or two. The hard part for me, is knowing whether or not my baby is alive. My belly was hard, and now it isn't. I know the baby could have moved, but it is still worrisome for me. At least my appointment is next Monday!

Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary! I'm really excited because I am on strict bedrest,a dn I got permission to go out to dinner! Woohoo!
On bedrest for 26 weeks, Linnea Rose Thyme Manchester born 08/05/11.

On bedrest with baby #2 due 10/6/12.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012 at 01:13 PM »
Our next live chat is TODAY at 2 pm Eastern. http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Don't miss it!

lammy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM »
Hi Ladies,
I am currently 34 + 5 and the big news is I was released from the hospital when I hit 34 weeks! I am still on bedrest but it is so wonderful being back home!  I survived 3 weeks in the hospital and looking back it wasn't too horrible.  Thankfully I had plenty of help at home for my kiddos since my mom has been staying with us.  She is still here which is good since I need lots of help and my husband is never around.
I am excited to make it to 35 weeks hopefully on Thursday!  If I get to April 1st then I get to go on Modified bedrest and I am scheduling a c-section for April 9th!  So, the end is in sight!!!  Most importantly, the vasa previa appears to by completely away from the cervical danger zone.  I still will have a c-section but I can handle that...
Congrats to all of you for making it another week and welcome Brody!!
Laura

Rosa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012 at 07:08 PM »
i'm on week 27, had 2 weeks of bedarrest at home and have been in hospital bedarrest for 1wk2d. Sunday mornin was told i have an infection (ureaplasma) and have to take antibiotics (erythromicin). Funny how everything is safe in pregnancy when you're in hospital!
Had my cervix mesured again yesterday and it's t same lenght as last week (8mm)
 So t drs said they'll still keep me here till week 29 or even 30 even if t cervix stays stable, but then i will b allowed to go home - think they're keen to get rid of me now they realised that hospital lack of sleep is making me depressed and i went psycho on them coz the messed me up with t antibiotics and didn't give me proper information and i threatened to make a complaint.

Can't wait to go home, but now i'm worried about going into labour shortly after going home. I will have to call an ambulance, unless my partner happens  to b back from work. We're living in australia and i just found out we have to have insurance to be picked up by ambulance. Mostly i am worried that if i feel unwell or pass out no-one will b around to check on me. So hospital is awful but going home is more risky. Hope my cervix behaves and i can make it at least to week 34. They told me that after week 30 it would b less risky to go home coz i would have a normal labour and give them time to take necessary action, to stop it or whatever. Is this true? Does it mean i don't have to panick so much and can just call a taxi and possibly take 1hour to get to hospital instead of massive ambulance panic?
first pregnancy, IC - due to Lletz in 2010?
progesterone pessaries since wk 22 - cervix 1.6cm
bedarrest since wk 24 - cervix measure 1.4cm
hospital strict bedarrest at wk 26 - cervix 8mm
back at home, strick bedarrest since week 28 - cervix 1cm
cervix dilated 2cm at week 35

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012 at 07:57 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the infection. I hope it clears up soon. I am 30 weeks and I am never allowed to be alone for more than about a half hour. I only get up to potty so there is no real chance for me to pass out, but I don't shower if I am alone. I have 3 kids so I am never left alone with them.

I delivered my youngest at 31 weeks, by the time my doctor got there I was dilated to a 9 with a cerclage in place, so I would say it could go fast. I wish you were not so far from  your hospital. I hope your cervix remains stable and you make it a long time until your baby is safe.

Good luck and hang in there.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

sugarbear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012 at 09:32 AM »
checkn in. i just got out the hospital 43 days. my cercloge has been out for a week and half and after all the negative from Docs and even family sayn I wont make it but a day or 2 more before my water breaks or go into labor 35weeks and 3 days today. hopen to get to 36weeks. still cookn. all credit to God this whole pregnacy has been out of my hands and still is. I cant believe I ve gotten this far

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM »
Sugarbear! It's great to hear from you! So VERY happy that you are still cookin'! By now you've learned that the docs can't predict what will happen.  ;D I say go for 37, mama! In any case, every single day has meant so much to your little one. Way to go!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM »
Please don't miss our live chat today at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx