Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bed Rest in Paris France  (Read 2422 times)

lmarieparis

• View Profile
Bed Rest in Paris France
« on: August 08, 2009 at 04:31 PM »
Hello to everyone. I am just beginning my 33rd week of pregnancy. I've been on bed rest since 26 weeks and just found this forum. I have another 5 weeks to go or so on bed rest. We are from the USA and my husband took a job posting for 3 years in Paris France. We moved here the 16th of March. All was going very well & then we moved into a wonderful suburb of Paris called Le Vesinet.  After unpacking many boxes and going up and down stairs, ( really I didn't think I was doing that much & of course I didn't do any lifting) I started to have regular contractions at 26 weeks. We went to the American Hospital in Paris where I will deliver. My due date is September 24th. Anyhow, I was contracting. I was sent home on strict bed rest with medicine called Loxen ( similiar to Procardia in the US) the stuff makes me crazy and really lowers my blood pressure. All is well now, no dilation, cervix is no longer thinned and closed. So for now I must hang in there until the first week of September and then the doctor will take me of the meds.

We have a 2 1/2 year old who was born at 36 weeks. And I have 3 older children ( 16, 15 & 7) back in the USA -- visiting Mama here in France for the summer :) YES!! I just need some support to stay in bed here for the remainder. I go weekly for doctors visits now and so far so good, we are keeping things quite.
Thank you and looking forward to reading all the posts here.

lilcapdad

• View Profile
Re: Bed Rest in Paris France
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009 at 01:29 PM »
I'm no bedrest mommy, but I AM a bedrest dad!

We are due in Sep. 23rd so we're on a VERY similar schedule! Like you, my wife has been on bedrest since around week 24 or so. I lose track it's been so long! She was hospitalized for 3 weeks and has been on home rest until the baby comes.

I know it's hard...but I can't imagine how hard it must be to be so far out of your element. (Not just a strange city...no...you're in a strange COUNTRY!)

There is nothing I can say that will make it all better, but maybe it helps to know that you aren't the only one who's been sentenced to prison. I wish you the absolute best and we are all rooting for you!

GO MOMS!

-lilcapdad
(Scotty)

lmarieparis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009 at 02:59 PM »
 :)  Thanks so very much!! That was so sweet of you. Yes, I'm due the 24th of Sept. I will be on the medicine until 37 weeks, which brings me to the 1st week of September I believe. So I wonder once off the medication how long I will hold in there.

Wishing you lots of luck, is this your wife's first pregnancy? And where are you located in the USA. We are from the western NY area and we
have a house in Tampa Florida/Sarasota area. Good luck.

lilcapmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM »
Hi,
My husband (lilcapdad) responded to you earlier. We live in the Tampa area in Florida. This is our first pregnancy.  I'm at 34 weeks... and getting very sick of bed rest after being confined for a little over 5 weeks now.

I'm not on any sort of medication, and haven't had contractions yet. I was diagnosed with a short cervix during a routine ultrasound exam and the doctors are afraid I will go into labor if my uterus and growing son put too much pressure on my cervix.

Hang in there and I hope everything turns out well for you.