Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Barometric pressure and full moon  (Read 1989 times)

Mcentire

• View Profile
Barometric pressure and full moon
« on: April 05, 2012 at 12:10 AM »
Ok, so Tuesday we had 12 tornadoes in my area and during the crazy storm I had contractions 10 mins apart for about an hour and a half. I was super worried that we'd have to travel in the weather to l&d, called my doc and be told me to double my turbutaline , apparently Im on a low dose. Everything calmed down, the weather and my contractions. Funny, anyway it made me remember when I had PROM with my son that the nurse said" I'm surprised you didn't come in earlier in the week, we had a huge change in barometric pressure and had a ton of deliveries" anyway, wondering if anyone else has heard of this or experienced this. Also my doc told me that we would do steroids at 34 weeks, but told me if I got a one of my "funny" feelings he'd let me have them then. When I dilated with my dd I had no contractions, nothing, just a funny feeling, I went in and was dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced and funneling, with my youngest I went in to see him at 30 weeks said I didn't feel right, he checked my cervix, it was closed, he sent me home, my water broke 5 hours later. Well my spidy senses are tingling and it's a full moon Friday, I think I want my steroids tomorrow, we will be 33 weeks Sunday.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17