Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Looking for my second wind  (Read 1987 times)

Mcentire

• View Profile
Looking for my second wind
« on: April 15, 2012 at 02:55 AM »
So it's week  9 on bedrest (almost) my helpers are visible exhausted and my kids are past the high of Mommy coming back home from the hospital. I'm trying hard  to dig deep and find a away to encourage my little troop. I have had so many contractions the last few days I don't think we have that much longer, but I realized I have to try harder to be positive. I've explained to the kids that they won't have as many responsibilities once we are home with the baby, but I think tomorrow we might make a list of our favorite things that we want to do when baby gets home and put them in a shoe box. I might let the kids decorate it and then after baby is home and settled start pulling one a week and following through. I know many of you have children as I do, do you have any good ideas? I want to help the kids visualize the other side and help them deal with thier current feelings of loss too.

Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

Mcentire

• View Profile
Re: Looking for my second wind
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012 at 02:59 AM »
I did get a great idea, maybe I can get my kids to focus on what we can o for my Mom after this is over, she has been a Rock Star. If I were a wealthy woman I'd send her on a cruise  ;D in leu of that we will have to treat her somehow.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: Looking for my second wind
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM »
That's a great idea with the shoebox of fun things! I wish my other two were old enough to do that because I so would =P
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)