Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Only 4 more days!  (Read 2174 times)

abby

• View Profile
Only 4 more days!
« on: April 13, 2012 at 02:52 PM »
Had a great doctor appointment today.  Babies look great!.  Get off bedrest on Tuesday which will be 34 weeks.  Doc said I am 80% thinned out and she could have pushed her finger through my cervix today.  Hopefully we make it to tuesday so I can deliver at my hospital.  Can't wait though, woke up this morning barely able to walk.  Just trying to lift my leg to get into the truck this morning was unbearable and I can barely move.  I feel like I'm going to split in half.  I know this is normal in 3rd trimester.  I''ve got 45lbs of weight all gained in my belly pushing on my pubic area.  Ouch!!!  My husband is really worried that because it is Friday the 13th the boys are going to come today! We shall see.
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

TMaeMae

• View Profile
Re: Only 4 more days!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012 at 03:39 PM »
Wow, 10wks of bedrest! How in the world did you do it? I have a 2yr old and I don't think I can handle him alone.
And they say bed rest isn't proven to be affected, ha. In their face!
Previous 29 weeker. On bedrest starting 24wk w/ #2.

abby

• View Profile
Re: Only 4 more days!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM »
It has been tough.  Luckily I have only been on modified so I get out of the house once a week and move around from chair to chair.  Hasn't been too bad.  Miss exercising the most though.  Had a few mental breakdowns but nothing major.  Don't like being alone all the time, so when my husband wasn't here at night it was particularily hard.  Only been a few times, other than that I've had a lot of company and a great support system.  My mom has been cleaning my house and brought us a bunch of already made meals to eat.  Now we play the waiting game.  I'm worried, I've been having contractions for 10 weeks.  How will I know when its for real? 
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest