Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Placenta Previa  (Read 2140 times)

m&m'smommy

• View Profile
Placenta Previa
« on: September 02, 2009 at 06:18 PM »
I am 27 weeks pregnant and have been on strict bedrest for 1 month tomorrow! I was hospitalized last Thursday with my second bleed. I have a complete placenta previa and just found out today that they want me in the hospital until 36 weeks! Thankfully the baby is healthy and thriving but I can't help but feel sorry for myself. Sorry because I'm away from my daughter, Maren, who is 21 months. Sad because I feel like I'm missing out on everything. And scared that I won't be able to mentally do this. I know there are families out there dealing with much more devastation than this but I can't help but feel this way. I know in the end it will be worth it and this is what's better for me and the baby. I just pray that my baby makes it unitl 36 weeks and hope that I have the strengh to endure this.

justaboringmom

• View Profile
Re: Placenta Previa
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009 at 11:32 PM »
Awww.... that sucks! My daughter is 15 months and I can't imagine being away from her. Are other family members going to bring her down to visit often?  I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't... just keep thinking that "this too shall pass" and you are in the best place to get the care you need for your new baby!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Placenta Previa
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009 at 11:15 AM »
Hi, m&m'smommy. How have you been doing? What have you been doing to fight the boredom at the hospital? Any news on how the placenta previa is looking? Let us know...