Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bed rest Blog  (Read 3249 times)

twinboys2

• View Profile
Bed rest Blog
« on: April 22, 2012 at 07:12 PM »
I am 24 weeks with twin boys. I have been on bed rest since 17 weeks and my doctor suggested writing in a journal. I just wanted to encourage people to try write while stuck in bed, or in my case, type. I am far too lazy to physically write in a diary, journal, etc. But I wanted to invite people to read my blog Growing and Waiting. You can find it at growingandwaiting.blogspot.com  I have never done this before but the website made it super easy and your family can follow it. If you are bored, its a great way to entertain yourself. If you read my blog, let me know what you think. I have shortened/incompetent cervix and there is a lot of humor about that. If you want something slightly entertaining to read, check it out : )

Taya

• View Profile
Re: Bed rest Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012 at 02:57 AM »
Great idea! There is a bedrest graduate Jac who wrote about her experience in the Nicu http://www.babeblessings.com/. You can check out her blog there! It is a great one! Also I am not sure if your looking to breastfeed or not but another great blog on some more natural ways of parenting is http://theleakyboob.com/about-2/relational-resource/.  I have been tempted to write my own blog but haven't gotten around to it yet. Possibly now that I will be graduating on Thursday I will have time! Hang in there momma! Hope your joining in on the chat's! They helped me a ton! I am a bedrest graduate and my son will be 8 months old next week!

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM »
I love it!  I just started a blog also (sisterrez.blogspot.com).  I love your "what the internet thinks bed rest looks like" and "what bed rest actually looks like" photos.  Looks like you and I have a similar issue, except I have only one little guy instead of two.  I will check your blog regularly to see how you are faring.  Good luck!

jmegio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM »
great blog!  so relatable!  keep the posts coming :)  and... keep 'em cookin!
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

german_bedrest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012 at 05:33 PM »
hello twinboys2,
thank you for writing your block. yes, i suppose it does not only help you releasing whatever hundred things, but also makes me laugh for an instance. it is after 11pm here, time for bed and I am laughing my butt off, worrying to either wake up my hospital roomate or starting my very own contractions I did not have/felt so far and causing my own lazy cervix to funnel some more. oh no, madam. so i go for option three and write this note.
hang on!