Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: low lying inserted placenta and bleeds  (Read 2933 times)

iza_bel_2000

• View Profile
low lying inserted placenta and bleeds
« on: April 24, 2012 at 09:56 AM »
Hello to all,

I am new here and I wanted to share my story with all. I have been diagnosed with a previa very early in my pregnancy. But we all expected it to move up as it does in moste of the cases. Well it did not. It stayed low lying and actually inserted into the cervix. I has my first bleed at 23+ weeks, stayed in hospital e few days my doctor prescribed anti tocolytiques (nifedipin) to prevent contraction and avoid more bleeding. I was immediately put on pelvic and bed rest... The following 2 weeks were hell at home, had contractions, lost the plug several times went back and forth to the doctor. I have to say the doc is great, professionally and humanly I am very lucky to get such a care... Anyways to make my story shorter I had during my almost 11 weeks of bedrest a total of 6 bleeds, stayed 4 times at the hospital and got 2 blood transfusions as 2 of the bleed were very severe... My only chance is that my cervix is not opening and shortening only a little with each wave of bad contractions I get after each bleed episode Then my dear cervix grows back to what it was (probably with the help of progesterone I am taking). The baby is ok we reached 2.5 kg and will be 34 weeks tomorrow (a bit over 5 lbs). At the today's visit the news are not extra bright. My cervix is down to 2 cm that is 1.7 cm shorter since 2 days ago and my water is low. Looks like my placenta is giving up after the Sunday bleed. Next appointment saturday but the doc fears we might have to deliver early. I am both very scared (have been since I learned this time I have to have a c-section) and pissed off (don't ask at whom and why I dono myself as I was somehow confident I will be able to go till 37/38 weeks)
So here we go waiting till saturday to know... 
This whole time has been hard on all of us, my husband my 2.5 year old son we are all drained tired physically and also financially. Now anxious how early we will have to bring this little one into the world and also how will he do...
All my best to all bed rest mamas as for myself it has been so far the most challenging time ever...
Boy no1: 38+6 natural birth uneventful pregnancy
Boy no2: 37+4 c-section after 14 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding previa

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: low lying inserted placenta and bleeds
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM »
I had my son at 34 weeks and a few days after an uneventful, normal pregnancy and he was perfectly healthy! He had no NICU time or anything and if you're having a girl, they say that girls do even better than boys =) Don't worry, you're almost there! Good luck!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

german_bedrest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012 at 05:12 PM »
Ahoy,
it sounds you had lots of challenging situations in your pregnancy so far, and I am thinking you did really great as well. every pregnancy is a challenge and you never know for sure how things will turn out, even when the 40th week is finished. you got very far, the 34th week is a great week, congratulations, seriously! the medical experts in my hospital hardly worry anymore when a woman gets that far. a baby then usually is done with the major lung development and very much on the safe side. I suggest you do not put too much pressure onto yourself with your idea of the 38th week. every day you additionally make is a good day, of course, but again, bordering the 34th week is a great great step itself. your body did a great job.

iza_bel_2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012 at 01:48 AM »
thanks a lot for your answers. I do try to take it one day at a time and my doctor aims for one or 2 more weeks tops so I am slowly slowly getting ready. This last bleed and hospital after more than 3 weeks of quiet and uneventful bedrest just throw me out of balance. And what is worse is the randomness of it, even if I spend hours wondering what could I possibly done to have another bleed I couldn't come up with anything... Feeling powerless sometimes...
Yes we are more on the safe side but like all of us in here I hope to keep up as long as possible.

My love and admiration to all bed rest mammas out there!!!
Boy no1: 38+6 natural birth uneventful pregnancy
Boy no2: 37+4 c-section after 14 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding previa

Lillismama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012 at 08:14 AM »
Hey there,   you are in my thoughts and prayers.. remember to chin up as the extra stress doesnt help anything.. (easier said than done) Be thankful you have made it this far as it sounds it was not an easy road to travel upon.  I wish you well...