Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1998 times)

SisterRez

• View Profile
Hello!
« on: April 24, 2012 at 09:59 PM »
Hi all,
  I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby (due date July 8th).  I was placed on bed rest 3 weeks ago due to cervical effacement.  I was diagnosed with a velamentous cord insertion at 20 weeks, so they were luckily monitoring me more closely than normal.  When I went in for my follow-up ultrasound at 26 weeks, they discovered that my cervix had shortened to 1.5cm, and I was immediately sent to the hospital.  I wasnt having contractions though, and the fibronectin swab came back negative, so I was sent home.  When I went for my next appt the following week, my cervix had shortened even further (1.1cm), and I was back at the hospital again.  This time I had a few contractions, though nothing serious.  They kept me for the weekend, then I was released.  I've been at home in bed ever since.  It's a big adjustment, as I was working 40-60 hours prior to the cervical issue.  I've been trying to keep myself occupied and positive, but it can be challenging at times.  I went to an appt again today to measure my cervical length, and it has grown to 2cm!  I'm so happy to know that the bed rest is making a difference.  Just trying to keep my little guy in there as long as possible!  I would love to hear how other women have adjusted to bed rest, and what you all are doing to keep yourselves occupied.  Thanks for reading!

JacErnst

• View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012 at 08:48 AM »
Goodness!! are we living the same life? lol.

I was on bedrest for cervix issues too.

So excited for you that bedrest is doing its job and you're on the up swing. Congrats on 29 weeks!!

I understand the adjustment period - I was a workaholic before bedrest and then even did a lot of work from bed when i was. Remember to just take some time for you and baby every day.

Blessings girl!!!

Jacqueline E
bedrest Grad
Bedrest at 19 weeks, PTL at 29 weeks, babE G born at 32 weeks.
Gray is 15 months old next week!!!
www.babeblessings.com
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor