Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 23  (Read 4319 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 23
« on: April 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM »
Hello, supermoms! Let us know how many weeks you are and if you have anything new to report. Looking forward to any appointments this week?

Be sure to come out for the Tuesday chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST! We had a great turnout last week and it was a lot of fun!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat Tuesday at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 23
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM »
Hello! I am still sitting here in the hospital at 31 weeks 2 days! Glad to still have my little girl cookin =) I am expected to be here for another 3 weeks or so, but of course my doctor doesn't think that I will last that long. My doctor came in this morning and said she was going to check my cervix again and see if it had changed at all later this week and consider sending me home?!? I don't know how I feel about this because now she's got my hopes all up but what are the chances that I won't be dilated to 5 anymore??? I don't know! I won't object if she does send me home though =)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012 at 01:41 PM »
I am still here as well - on hospital bed rest and currently 28 weeks 3 days.  I am really starting to feel the mental strain that comes with the isolation of being in hospital and away from family and friends.  I try to take it a day at a time, but some days are definitely harder than others.  I had an ultrasound last week that showed that my cervix had grown from 1cm to 2.3 cm.  Now the doctors want to repeat that ultrasound tomorrow to see where it is at.  I have asked them if there is a chance i could go home if it had grown or stayed the same and they say no - so it leaves me wondering why they even bother to check.  At the end of the day though I am very grateful that my babies are still baking and I am quite sure that I am going to make it the distance!!

abby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012 at 01:46 PM »
Still here 34 weeks 6 days.  Off bedrest for the past week.  Did some mild exercise this morning and I feel great.  Doctors didn't think I'd make 29 weeks let alone 35.  Growth ultrasound tomorrow and can't wait.  All you mama's still on bedrest, the end is near.  You can all do it if I can!!
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

meemslou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012 at 06:05 PM »
I'm on my 3rd week of bedrest and 26 weeks, 2 days. Cervix Friday measured at 1.4-1.6cm with negative FFN last Sunday at the hospital. 3 appointments this week! Regular OB tomorrow, Peri Wednesday with cervical check, and then Gestational Diabetes test Thursday. Busy busy week!

Scared about everything, and going a little nuts laying here...

quenn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012 at 07:56 PM »
I'm 37 weeks and was let off bed rest and med yesterday.  I was on bed rest for 7 weeks. I have a routine doct on wed. I am walking and trying to put away baby shower stuff.  Praying for all of you who have a ways to go. Our babies are worth the wait!

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM »
35 weeks 1 day, first real day on modified bed rest, so happy to sit with my kiddos at the table, got my baby linens washed, changing table set up, I actually feel like we are having a baby and it's a joyous event. It's been a while since we got to celebrate our baby's impending arrival. We waited until 16 weeks to announce this pregnancy because it's our 3rd high risk pregnancy and it stresses out our extended family, we only got to enjoy this pregnancy about 2 months and we were on bedrest, its been 10 weeks of bedrest now, so this week has been a long time coming! I could actually skip I'm so happy to be up a few hours a day. Dr. Appointment Friday if we get there. Hang in there ladies, we've done this a few times and all of the bedrest is worth it.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012 at 09:21 AM »
Still here, 22 weeks, 2 days. Still on bed rest, since 13.5wks. Yawn.
Just had my 35th birthday. Got some new stuff to entertain me, and going to be making invitations for my sister's bridal shower. Hopefully that will help with the ennui.
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM »
Big congrats to Quenn on 37 weeks and counting! Anything is possible, ladies!

Hope you all will join the live chat today at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

twinboys2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012 at 05:15 PM »
Sorry I am a few days late! But I am 24 weeks 1 day! yay! Got my second steroid shot yesterday as "protocol" as my MFM doctor said. I was in the hospital for 2 nights last week with contractions and pressure and my cervix measured 1.4-1.8, then 1.9-2.1 and then at my appointment Monday the strangest thing happened. The first measurement was 3.0!? then within seconds it was down to 2.4, then 2.1 and then the US tech pulled out the probe all frantic saying she thinks if we kept it in there it would make me dilate. But she never checked to see if it went back to normal or got any worse! It totally freaked her out, which freaked me out, and then my doctor suggested steroid shots? How should I read into this? or should I read into this much. Usually its pretty stable but this was all new to me! Please let me know if anyone else has ever experienced this or heard of this and what it meant. Hope everyone is doing well though!